Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Running game frustration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> General Strategy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davion_Elite

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Running game frustration Reply with quote

A bit of background first.

I am a niner fan, but right now I wanted to have some fun and play with the Pats.

I am play a full 15 min quarter game, and have bumped up the dificulty to All-Madden after scoring an average of 52 points in one half on All-Pro and having about 250+ yards with just one back in a game.

I think I understand the basic concepts of running the ground attack.

I wait untill I find a hole or an opertunity to turn the corner before I hit the speed boost so I can stay agile while looking for room to run.

I like to trade for a very fast back that has high speed, agaility and acceleration. Trung Canidate from the Redskins is the back I chose, but any back with very high numbers in those areas works well for me.

Well, here is my problem I hope that someone could help me with:

On All-Madden mode, I can hardly ever gain positive yardage. the reason is that once I put the difficulty up to that all to godly level, my linemen find it very difficult to understand that their job is to block the defender. Time and time again I watch as the lineman puts his hands up and runs sideways, or spins around watching the defender pass him by. the other problem is that when the linemen finnaly build up the gut to try and block the defenders, I watch in bewilderment as sometime 4 or 5 of my blockers FALL down on their back side. When you combine these two problems of non-blocks and fallen linemen, I think you can understand whyI have trouble even putting positive numbers on the board.

Can anyone please give me some ideas of how toget my line to block for me?

I understand full well that the All-Madden setting is ment to be hard, and I am not looking for that extra edge to dominate the game by putting up record setting numbers like I have been in other difficulties. In fact, ifind the game dull when you are too good for a difficulty. I just want a chance. I want to be able to show the A.I I can run the ball a bit so I can ballance out the pass and play a fun game.

Thank you for your time.
kardiackid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the running play that works best for me in all madden mode is the HB Smash out of the goaline formation. i dont run it that often, but when i do, i (usually) get positive yardage and sometimes, ill break it for a big game. also, remember to use playmaker especially when you're running the ball. if the side that you are running to is filled with guys or showing blitz, run to the other side. also, motioning tight ends and full backs can help a little bit.
ncweeks101

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Good Running Strategy Reply with quote

I feel your pain. I totally dominated the game on All-Pro, then when I switched to All-Madden, it was like the d*** punter was playing HB! He was too slow or..... Something always went wrong. So what I did was go to create a playbook.

Before i go any farther, Ineed to say that i usually use a Single-back set because I run a complex west coast offence with alot of created plays, formations, etc.

Any way, I went to create a playbook and created some veers (traps for all you armchair qb's that dont know what a veer is) Wink which is where the back runs an off tackle and the weak-side guard+tackle pull. (This takes decenct speed on both parts, however I drafted both of mine. The tackle runs a 4.87 and the guard a 4.7 which are rare finds) Usually the HB will find an open hole and get about 3 or 4 yards a carry. This is my Bread and Butter play as far as running goes.
otto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: my running game Reply with quote

ok i think i have one of the best o lines and best running backs. I use the Ravens and the setting is on All-Madden. But I cant run at all. I tried doin the create a playbook, that still does not work for me. Im also having trouble on the run defence

Help Help N E 1?
SouthTitanDude

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think we are stupid with what a veer is. I actually believe that you have misssed what a veer is. A veer is a style or play in an option attack. Hence, it is called an "Option" play. So I suggest that you strudy up on it berfore you bring to us! (P.S. Just givin' you a bunch of junk, I find it amusing watching ya rookies tryin')
Abbo55

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. It's very funny. But anyway, when I like to run, I use a created playbook and run either from a Power-I or a Wishbone. Maybe throw in some splitback stuff too. As far as D goes, I like to run a 4-4 or a 5-3. They work better because of 8 in the box and the speed of 4 LB's is good too. Just my input on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> General Strategy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: