Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Offensive Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> General Strategy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pottymcnugg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Offensive Help Reply with quote

I'm currently playing in a league with my friends and we did a fantasy draft. I can't seem to figure out how to pass the ball correctly. Is there something I should be looking for when I pass? I know they should be open, but what can I do that will help me pass? He usually uses fast DE's and spreads the line out on each side to have them collapse the pocket and then I am usually getting sacked before I can even get the ball out of my hands.
Arkaein

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: passing help Reply with quote

There are a couple of things you can do if the defense is playing straight pass defense.

You say the D-line is spread out, are they blitzing as well? If so, look for the quick pass, I really like quick slants against the blitz, and the Playmaker drag route is also very good.

If they aren't blitzing, then their defense is vulnerable to power runs right up the middle. make sure to use good balance between run and pass, I recommend running between 1/3 and 1/2 of the time in general. This will force the defense to pull in the DEs or simply get run over, which will in turn open up the pass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> General Strategy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: