Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No Custom Playbooks in Madden 08?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arkaein

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: No Custom Playbooks in Madden 08? Reply with quote

I just got Madden 08 for Nintendo Wii, and there are no custom playbooks available for any mode.

Gamers on other platforms, please provide info on the status of custom playbooks (both if available at all, and if usable in Franchise mode). Looking for info on PS2, PS3, XBox 360, and PC specifically.
crazyeights

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arakein--

I just discovered your site last year, the custom playbooks are very creative and fun. Thanks for all your hard work. Sorry to hear about the limitations EA has put on the Nintendo playbooks in 07 an 08, it almost sounds like they are minimizing their development for Nintendo's formats, seems like it took them awhile to even develop for those systems at all.

The curious thing to me is that I have a Xbox and while everyone seems to jumping ship to the 360, EA has actually added alot to the 08 version of Madden. Both 07 and 08 have custom playbooks, in fact in 08 it's one of the challenge for the new ring feature to create playbooks. It doesn't seem like you can play the playbooks in Franchise mode, but you can easily play head to head games with them or with any of the number of custom team options, and you can use those teams online.

You can add custom packages to the franchise, I haven't played around with that feature enough to know if that will allow you to create plays, don't think it does. Hope that helps. Good luck and I hope you continue the format in some form. An open source football game with playbook functions, especially some of the trick play options and customizable formation adjustments and player substitutions not allowed in Madden would be very cool.

Crazyeights
All Star

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks.....

I'm not even buying Madden this year until the price drop.

I don't have enough money to shell out for a PS3 and with EA apperently phasing out the consoles it looks like I'm going to have to give in soon and go next gen. I think this is the last Madden for PS2?

Anyway, I have heard reports though that next gen has laterals in it (idk about Wii >_>) but haven't seen it confirmed yet, and everyone I have heard tell's me it's not in current gen. Would be so much fun to play around in the play editor with laterals, but oh well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laterals are at least in the 360 version, I've seen several complaints that it has also been mapped to the old juke button or something, so players are getting confused.

I'm seriously considering picking up the 07 version for Wii. Can anyone confirm that custom plays and custom playbooks are in that version and usable?
Arkaein

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info so far guys. So old XBox has custom playbooks (I had forgotten about XBox, with all the hype Madden for XBox 360 has gotten, plus the fact that XBox 360 has been out the longest of the next gens and XBox never had the huge install base PS2 had), I've also received an email that PS2 has custom playbooks.

Still looking for info from PS3, XBox 360, and PC gamers, though it's almost certain that XBox 360 has every feature that any other version has as it's been almost universally acclaimed as the most polished version. I'm guessing PC must have them also, as Madden 07 for PC was the one version I know of that actually supported custom playbooks in Franchise mode.
johnnshepherd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Star wrote:
That sucks.....

I'm not even buying Madden this year until the price drop.

I don't have enough money to shell out for a PS3 and with EA apperently phasing out the consoles it looks like I'm going to have to give in soon and go next gen. I think this is the last Madden for PS2?

Anyway, I have heard reports though that next gen has laterals in it (idk about Wii >_>) but haven't seen it confirmed yet, and everyone I have heard tell's me it's not in current gen. Would be so much fun to play around in the play editor with laterals, but oh well.

It's true. I was playing head to head and my friend hit a button and he accidentally lateralled the ball on the ground.
TightEndsRule

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man this sucks. i liked the custom playbook editor...
i'm gonna miss custom playbooks so much but I got Madden 08 for gamecube and it isn't really much different from 07, other than the players, and it still has custom playbooks.
Arkaein

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TightEndsRule wrote:
man this sucks. i liked the custom playbook editor...
i'm gonna miss custom playbooks so much but I got Madden 08 for gamecube and it isn't really much different from 07, other than the players, and it still has custom playbooks.

That's just bizarre. As an aside, you seem to be the only person I know of besides myself that used custom playbooks on Gamecube in Madden 07. Did you every experience game freezes/crashes when using custom playbooks in exhibition games, like I wrote about last Fall?
TightEndsRule

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah! me and my brother almost went and bought a new disc at first because we thought it was broken! dang. Good news is, so far on 08, no freezing.
T3kNi9e

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got madden 08 on xbox (my first madden game Razz)

my brother was a madden 06/07 player(PS2) and was very good so i bought 360 and i bought 08 after seeing that on PS2 it looks exactly like 07 but with player keys. So my brother didnt buy 08 and instead bought 2nd remote for 360 and plays with me. Personally i think madden is real good, but im basically a first timer. My brother says that the defensive play seems to seem wierd, as if madden made the AI more stupid. Although ive only been playing on All-Pro so far. And yea, he also threw the ball on the ground like 2 times vs me cuz he's used to latteral button being juke.

I don't see custom playbook maker though
Floray63

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Madden '08 for PS3 and PC. The PS3 version is missing both the create a playbook and create a fan options. As I understand it, the XboX360 version is missing those options as well.

The PC version does have both options.

Also, NCAA '08 for the PS3 is missing the create a playbook, create a team and create a sign options, but as I understand it, those options are all available on the PS2 version.

EA has really made me mad this time.

Flo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: