Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pistol formation for play fakes and draws

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Guest Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rahien.din

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Pistol formation for play fakes and draws Reply with quote

The basic set is real simple:

OOXOO
.....Q.....
.....H.....

From that set, you can run a pitch or a draw. Pitches are good for quick runs off tackle, draws are good for setting up zone-read running plays.

What's great, though, is that if you make your HB back step, the QB will fake the hand off, the defense will freeze, and the QB will be free for a run. I've been using a simple inside fake with the Falcons (HB back step, everyone else run block) and Vick is almost guaranteed 8 or 10 yards every time.

And, I've modified my goal line set to look like this:

TOOXOOT......
.................T T
.......Q............
.......H.............

I run three kinds of plays - draws to the HB, inside fakes, and play action passes.
All Star

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've had this happen to me by accident after doing my best Peyton Manning impression at the LOS, I audable to a run play, the handoff gets screwed up and I'm able to take off downfield somehow with my QB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Guest Playbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: