Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Air Raid Offense

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Guest Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abbo55

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Air Raid Offense Reply with quote

Anyone ever heard of it? If you haven't, you're in luck. I'm making a playbook dealing with the offense. Let me know who wants it!
Arkaein

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize you can't describe it in detail in a single forum post, but mind giving us a few ideas about what it's like to get people interested?
Abbo55

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know what Texas Tech, Kentucky back in the late '90's, Baylor run now? The Spread em out throw until you can't feel your arm offense. The base formation from my version looks something like this:
Code:

.......S....OOOOO....Y.......
Z...............................X
..............Q.H

It may not be exact. The X and Z recivers are on the far outside, and S & Y split the difference. It's base play is 50 Y Mesh. X & Z run corners, and S & Y cross at about 5-8 yards. The read goes from the top down. Here's a PowerPoint that'll help with the rest of the offense.
http://www.savefile.com/files/244567

Enjoy!
bendprovolt8

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Just look at BYU.... Reply with quote

just check out the way BYU plays these days... John Beck is a great passer and they pass as there runs... it is all passing with draws here and there... they spread everyone out (even the o-line) so they get lots of very quick short screen passes and swing passes... HB coming off a block in the middle and simple fast passing... John Beck gets like 400 yards a game with 3 scores... its crazy good... they also send men in motion like the HB to set up a quick screen...

Code:

..........0.........OOOOO..........0..........
...........................Q.H........................
Abbo55

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best people I've ever seen run it is Texas Tech. They have the big line splits and their QB's always have a gaggle of passing yards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Guest Playbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: