Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MADDEN 07 CUSTOM PLAYBOOK FOR FRANCHISE UPDATE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
runNshoot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: MADDEN 07 CUSTOM PLAYBOOK FOR FRANCHISE UPDATE Reply with quote

I called EA yesterday. I talk to a customer rep, who in turned takled to a "Project Manager" for gaming design. I was told that 07 allows usage of the create-a-playbook in FRANCHISE MODE. What I was told is it does not work online, however it does work for those of us who use the PS2 console. Please feel free to re-verify this with EA.
sbooth44

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: No Custom Playbook for Franchise Mode... Madden 07 Reply with quote

No, you can NOT use custom playbooks for Franchise Mode in Madden 07... This is probably because EA wants you to buy the sorry NFL Head Coach 07, which lets you create a custom playbook, you just can't run them... This is a bad business move because consumers will ultimately win out by buying something else or nothing at all... There is no competetion right now but there will be eventually...
Arkaein

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I think this is useful info, but I'd prefer hearing from people who have actually tried custom playbooks in 07 on particular platforms. I've played on Gamecube (custom playbooks NOT usable in Franchise mode, and in fact eventually CRASH THE GAME in exhibition mode) and PC (custom playbooks ARE usable in Franchise mode).

That still leaves the three most popular platforms to be confirmed: PS2, XBox, and XBox 360. If you have actually tried to use custom playbooks on any of these platforms please let us know if it works or not, either way.
skee420

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS2 custom playbooks is a negative! If you just go and try it, it doesn't work.. The spawn game thing or whatever doesn't seem to do it either..

However, there is a Special Edition out (for PS2) which so far as I know only comes with an extra DVD unrelated to actual gameplay but I can't confirm if the Special Edition allows custom playbooks in Franchise (or if it has any other game changes . I'd love to know).

I do know someone with this Special Edition for PS2 but I won't be able to talk to him until next week. He pre-ordered and paid $50 for the Special Edition and the other guy I know didn't preorder and paid $37 + tax for the non special edition (the version I tested on).
dquigley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkaein wrote:
I've played on Gamecube (custom playbooks NOT usable in Franchise mode, and in fact eventually CRASH THE GAME in exhibition mode)

What all do you know about the game crashing? This has happened to me a few times but never thought it might be because of the playbooks. It happened to me more than once at about the same time, about 30 seconds left to go in the 4th quarter. Both times the games were high scoring and separated by exactly one touchdown. Is this the same for you? Anything you can think of would be great to hear, maybe we could think of a way to get around it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: