Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Quarter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingfeej

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Speed Quarter? Reply with quote

Hey 'raiken, I had a couple ideas I wanted to run by you. First of all, I really like your speed quarter formation, it works really well for the pass (I still play madden 2003) and my speedy linebackers can pretty much fill in for any gaps in the run. Anyway, I added the two plays (stunt man and spin zone) into my defensive playbook, but wanted to make it an even three, so I created a new one of my own and im pretty impressed. Before you read this, know that I play on pro or all-pro, and im relatively new to the game, so im not sure if it will work over a long term period, or if its just a fluke, anyway here you go -

Speed Quarter Formation - Zone Press

RE and LE - Base
CB 1 and CB 2 - Deep Zone
CB 3 - Flat Left
CB 4 - Flat Right
ROLB - Blitz Left
LOLB - Blitz Right
SS - Spy WR 1
FS - Spy WR 2
SS2 (I also have tried a MLB here) - QB Spy

The Greatest plus about this play - the fact it quickly reacts to the run, with your linebackers blitzing outside and your 3 & 4 CBs on flats, Runs off tackle or outside tend to be stuffed behind the line, at least on pro and all pro. The first string corners drop to help stop deep passes, and your safeties spy to cover mid to long range passes, your flat CBs also scramble screen passes or swing routes from the HB or FB, and will drop if no recievers are playing curl or screen. This play's main weakness - Passes up the middle if your safeties get pulled out by multiple outside recievers can be annoying, but short quick passes up the middle usually get quickly broken up or stuffed by your spying SS2/MLB. Anyway, let me know what you think!

-kingfeej
Arkaein

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:17 am    Post subject: Speed Quarter play Reply with quote

I like a lot of the ideas in this play. I like using a deep safety in a hook zone (like I do in Spin Zone) because it gives the player a great jump on any pass in his area. I've also tried a couple of plays where I drop the corners deep, although you are living dangerously by not dropping a safety deep over the middle. The safeties should take away most medium deep post routes that run away from the CB's, but I might be worried about a 15 yard post right over the middle, or just a deep direct slant. Of course this may be a fair tradeoff for the high number of INTs you can probably get.

I might not have a chance to try this pay out soon , but I will try to sometime in the next week and post some feedback on it.
trevon33

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: How can I defeat a quarters defense user? Reply with quote

When I play others, they use quarters. jamming my receivers....is going deep the answer?
pimpdaddypat

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps try to create a route where the reciever makes a juke move right at the line of scrimage whern he is first coming of and then have him finish the route off by running some type of deep pattern. make multiple recievers do this. for instance if u have two recievers to one die (not a tightend, just two wide recievers) then make the outside receiver run a deep post with a juke at the line of scrimmage and the inside reciever runs a deep post-corner where he jukes at the line of scrimmage and then runs the deep post but breaks it out on a corner after about 3 steps on the post break ... the cross of the inside and outside reciver will confuse a man-to-man coverage and the deep routes will pass any corners covering the flats in a zone, and if they have only two safties covering the deep halves in a zone then sending both the reiceivers deep will split the free safety to that side and you can just throw to which ever receiver he doesnt cover ... if they run a zone and they have 3 or even 4 guys covering deep or they send two defensive backs to cover one reciever in man coverage then you can just rely on the fact that the post-corner route is just a badass route and very difficult to cover[/list]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: