Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with RB pitch problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MME

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Help with RB pitch problem Reply with quote

Hi!

I found this site not long ago and have put together a playbook using many of Arkaein's plays, but I'm having a problem.

In Madden 2005 (Gamecube version) I created the Sidewinder formation using 2 TEs and 2 HBs. I have a pitch play (O-Line run block, FB/HB2 lead block Outside right, HB1 receive pitch - Outside right) that works fine in testing and practice. When I use it in an exhibition game, though, the QB frequently doesn't pitch the ball and just stands there. I tried deleting and recreating, and now it works about half the time.

Anyone know how I might fix this? I have other pitch plays and running plays that work fine, this one just doesn't for now.

Thanks!
Arkaein

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey MME, I've had a similar situation with an unreleased formation. Same thing you describe; a pitch play that works every time in practice but fails the majority of the time in a real game.

I haven't been able to figure this one out either. I've never had this problem with Sidewinder, though I haven't really used Sidewinder wince 2005. I don't know if personnel has anything to do with it, my formation that has this problem uses a FB in a TE like position, and it sounds like you're using some unconventional personnel in your Sidewinder (or at least different than the way I made it originally).

It's obviously a glitch in the game itself, so the best you can do is probably work around it. One thing I have noticed with running plays is that the order in which assignments are made can make a difference, especially when a backfield blocker goes the opposite way from the ball carrier. It's usually best to set the block action first and the ball carrier action last, you might try modifying the play and switching the order in which you assign actions. Of course, I've only seen this type of problem come up in the Create-a-Playbook mode itself, so it probably won't help in this case.
MME

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The personnel is just the Sidewinder personnel, replacing the WR with a 2nd TE and the middle back with the 2nd RB, not the 2nd FB.

I noticed the blocking thing breaking other plays in the creator, so that's why I wiped the play and restarted. Set blocking from front to back, setting the pitch last. Re-creating it actually improved it to work at least some time, where the first time I did it I got nothing.

I guess I'll just have to keep playing with it, or accept defeat Crying or Very sad

Though, it's seems such an odd glitch for it to work in testing and practice, and fail in-game. I mean, I've seen unusual handoffs fail in practice and just scratched the play, but I would THINK practice uses the same mechanics as the game. Strange...

EDIT: By the way, I've had a lot of fun with some of the formations you created. It's cool you did this. *END obligatory newbie suckup*

EDIT #2: I ended up changing the run to an outside counter. Not quite what i wanted but at least it works.
tjiddy89

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have the same problem with my plays...just try tweaking the other player's blocking schemes that are around the RB so that they don't interfere with the lane between the QB and RB. That worked for me. Hope this helps
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: