Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestions for Stickies in certain forums ..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Site Meta-Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TURF SAVAGE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Suggestions for Stickies in certain forums .. Reply with quote

we should have ..sticky for:

"guest defensive plays/formations"
"guest offensive plays/formations"
"guest special teams plays/formations"

in the guest forums, a thread shou;d be a "whole playbook", not just one play....the stickies would keep all the one play posts in one location

so everyone wont make a whole thread for one play clogging the board....

jsut an idea
Abbo55

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good thought. I don't know if Arkaein will think so though.
Arkaein

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the thoughts TURF SAVAGE, but I disagree with your suggested changes.

First of all, the more arbitrary rules or guideline I have on posting, there more they will be broken simply because people aren't aware of them. I made these forums simple, with just 5 forums in all so that it would be easy for people to put things in the right place, and new members still post in the wrong forum once in a while.

Second, this would lead to extremely long topics. I hate skipping to the end of 20 page topics on some other forums. Any topic at the top of a list in any forum should be mostly new discussion in my opinion.

Third, I think single plays are absolutely worthy of their own posts. Not many people have entire playbooks that they want to post directly in the forums, much less even a whole formation full of plays.I want to encourage deep discussion of analysis of formations and plays, like what I do with my own material. It's easy enough to add new plays in the formation later as replies under the same topic. Yes, some people will post new plays in a formation under a new topic, but I'd rather search through a few short topics than one gigantic topic with about 100 replies.

Finally, as you've probably noticed, there really isn't enough traffic on this site for anyone to hog the board. You'd need to make a dozen new topics to push anything very far down the page in any forum.
skee420

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Finally, as you've probably noticed, there really isn't enough traffic on this site for anyone to hog the board. You'd need to make a dozen new topics to push anything very far down the page in any forum

Very true. However, I've always felt you probably have a lot more readers than actual posting participants. Do a Google search for anthing about custom playbooks in Madden and you'll end up here. I know I did! Hopefully, if 2007 brings the triumphant return of playbooks, this community can use that top listing to expand, get more ideas in, etc.

Although one thing I noticed around here is even if no one is posting daily.. when someone does post, there is almost always some chatter in reply.

Not that I think an overhaul is needed. Just some comments on the site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Site Meta-Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: