Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discovery on how to play both sides of the ball...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
All Star

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Discovery on how to play both sides of the ball... Reply with quote

On Madden 05 offense cannot play defense and vice versa but i figured out a way to get around it (I do not have 06 so i do not know if it works)

Say you want Mike Vrabel to be your goal line TE.

1: IN "edit player" change him to a TE
2: Go to coaching strategy -> substitution
3: Sub Mike Vrabel into TE in the goal line set
4: Change him back to a linebacker

and there you go, he is a linebacker but still subbed in at TE, you can pretty much do whatever you want now as long as you can change the player to that position. But do not sub someone else into that position or you have to do it all over again.

Note:

To get this work with created play books its a bit more tricky, do the same as above but change the player to the desired position you want him changed to before a game. But the only problem is you have to go into a game to sub him in (You might be able to exit out of the game and change him back to his original position and it should stay with him subbed into the alternet position, I have not tried it with a created playbook) After the game, or when you exit, go back into edit player and switch him back to his original position and you should have him in both positions.

Hope this helps anyone who was interested in doing this, if you have any problems feel free to post them.

Have fun with Randy Moss being your shutdown corner and #1 WR Laughing
nkasimer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, this works well with WRs and CBs, since most of them have similar attributes. (A good CB usually is a good WR and vice versa) Just be careful, check CBs catching before switching them to WRs, and WRs tackling. If the tackling is above 40, you should be fine. You got a great idea. Back when Madden 03 was still new, I would turn off the salary cap, do Create-a-Player to make my friends, sign them, and win big. I had one guy be CB, WR, K, P, KR, and PR. I can finallt do it again.

Nathan
All Star

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

make them WR to CB's though, DB's playing WR drop alot of passes
nkasimer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U r right. WRs playing DB is good, because CBs usually can't takle, & neither can WRs. There's a WR in Seattle (I forget his name) can takle, he can play WR and FS.

Nathan
nkasimer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy Moss does work well as a WR-CB, but I usually don't have him, because he is paid so much.

Nathan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: