Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any New Formations for 2006?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pressure wins

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Anything new Reply with quote

Hey Arkaein any new formations for 2006
Arkaein

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note, I split this off into it's own topic. Let's try to keep topic and forum choices appropriate.

I will hopefully release at least one, maybe two new offensive formations for 2006, and possibly one defensive formation. I've been busy lately, but should get time to do some more work on the playbook soon. However as I stated when Madden 2006 came out this year I'm going to concentrate more on filling out existing formations, something a lot of people have asked for over the past few years.
Ross

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we'll see some more defensive focus? I like all the offensive formations and plays, they work great and are fun to us. But I think theres a lack of defensive plays, so I'd like to see some more of those (formations are fine but theres only a few plays in each formation, which is somewhat disappointing).
Arkaein

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross wrote:
Maybe we'll see some more defensive focus? I like all the offensive formations and plays, they work great and are fun to us. But I think theres a lack of defensive plays, so I'd like to see some more of those (formations are fine but theres only a few plays in each formation, which is somewhat disappointing).

Ross, I'd really like to focus some more on defense but I don't think that will happen much with 2006. The DB Man Lock feature in 2006 has completely screwed up several of my zone defenses by causing players to move far out of position, out of human control. Speed Quarter - Spin Zone is the biggest example of this. Motion especially causes defenders to run all over the place right up to the snap. Even worse, players will often swap zone assignments as they run by each other meaning that it can be almost impossible to tell what the assignment of the DB you control manually is supposed to be, leading to awful blown coverages.

I would like it all right if zone defenses would shift as a unit to compensate for unbalanced offensive formations (this is what real NFL teams do), but shifting individual players out of position completely defeats the purpose of zone defense.

I'll still release a few more defensive plays, but expect about a 3-to-1 ratio in favor of offensive plays. If you want more, figure out a way to successfully prevent DBs from running around like idiots on zone plays in Madden 2006 and please let me know.
All Star

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you just release the plays for Madden 05?

I don't use a created offensive playbook (not enough plays for me) but I like to use my own custom defense. I have 14 formations in my playbook Smile

And another question, can you turn DB manlock off?
Arkaein

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Star wrote:
Why don't you just release the plays for Madden 05?

I don't use a created offensive playbook (not enough plays for me) but I like to use my own custom defense. I have 14 formations in my playbook :)

And another question, can you turn DB manlock off?

To try and answer each of these points:

• I don't really release plays for a specific version of Madden, for the most part a play will work on any version (with the exception of a few running plays), however it would be a lot of duplicated effort to keep two versions of all my plays for both 2005 and 2006 and test plays against each version. Also, I want to release plays for the version of Madden that most people are playing, and for better or worse that's currently Madden 2006.
  • The small number of plays per offensive formation is my #1 priority for this year. That's why I'm release new plays for old formations and haven't released any new formations this season. I just counted, and there are now 11 offensive formations with 4 or 5 plays each. Not perfect, but enough for a pretty good playbook, especially if it's mixed with a couple built-in formations.
  • There's a toggle for Man Lock, but I haven't gotten it to do what I want, which is to stop screwing up zone defenses. Anyone who has more insight into the matter please share it with us.

Like I said before, I'll still release some defensive plays, just not as many. In my experience you really don't need a lot of plays on D to be successful (I have less than 80 total, not counting what I haven't put up on the website) because defensive plays tend to be more general purpose, where for offense you need a lot more variety.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: