Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NO CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS FOR FRANCHISE MODE!!!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
runNshoot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: NO CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS FOR FRANCHISE MODE!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Can someone check this out?? If it's true does anyone know of a link to EA where we
can voice our dis-satisfaction about the deletion of probably one of the most integral
parts of Madden football??? Mad
runNshoot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...li=&p_topview=1

The above EA site is where you can go to hopefully register a complaint about this
MAJOR disasterous decsion in 06'. I've already submited my question as to why we can't use 'playbook' feature in franchise mode. I'm currently awaiting a response.
Like Arkaein said......if creating and using playbooks in franchise mode is what you
like about Madden....do not buy 06'. Let them know you won't buy it. Maybe if enuff of us complain to EA...they will come out with a revised version for 06' that includes
a playbook feature for franchise. Who knows, it's worth a shot.
skinsfan9183

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I would have known about this site before I waited in line at midnight and spent about 3 days making a custom playbook that I can't use in franchise or any mode other than practice and exhibition. I mean shouldn't create a play and create a player be mandatory in every mode; I thought it would be a basic part of any football game by now (even though it still hasn't been incorporated into ncaa). I don't know about anyone else but when I went to start my franchise and did everything but actually play my first franchise game then realized I was stuck with the generic plays and playbooks I wanted to break everything around me.
runNshoot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfan9183 wrote:
I wish I would have known about this site before I waited in line at midnight and spent about 3 days making a custom playbook that I can't use in franchise or any mode other than practice and exhibition. I mean shouldn't create a play and create a player be mandatory in every mode; I thought it would be a basic part of any football game by now (even though it still hasn't been incorporated into ncaa). I don't know about anyone else but when I went to start my franchise and did everything but actually play my first franchise game then realized I was stuck with the generic plays and playbooks I wanted to break everything around me.

Dude.....I feel your pain. I kinda saw this coming last year when ya' had to set all your
Custom playbook audibles prior to every game vs. just having them there from the last time you set them up. I normally wait until later in year to purchase Madden.
So I haven't bought it yet ( doubt I will giving the current state of affairs).

But my suggestion is to take it back and tell them it's defective. I'd also see Arkein, we've talk about starting a petition and sending it to EA. In mean time, I'd contact EA if I were you and tell them exactly what you've said here.
Here's their link: http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...li=&p_topview=1

BTW.....I've already contacted them about 2 days ago. I'm awaiting a response.
They will contact you cuz I notice at their site where others have complained about the CP ommission. If you get your response b4 me, please post it here. Keep in mind, People/Businesses typical take notice when $$$$$ pulled away from them.
raemerso

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: here's what EA has to say... Reply with quote

Got a response from EA finally...and this is all they said...

"Hello!

Thank you for contacting us here at Electronic Arts Technical Support, we apologize for the inconvenience caused to you when you are trying to play Madden NFL 2006.

We appreciate the opportunity to help resolve your issue. Unfortunately, the development team was not able to add that feature into the game because of several factors that I will not mention. But we are noting this so that we can satisfy your requests on our next upcoming games and sports titles.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com)

Please email us about any significant change or development with your issue. If you experience any further difficulties in this matter please let us know.
Thank you for choosing EA Games!

Vincent A.
Electronic Arts Technical Support"
raemerso

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would EA not tell us why they took the feature out?? wtf....I hate corporate BS
runNshoot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raemerso wrote:
Why would EA not tell us why they took the feature out?? wtf....I hate corporate BS

I gonna ask them if there's a way to add the feature on some kinda memory card or something. You're right this a lotta b.s. There's gotta be way to supplement this omitted feature.
skinsfan9183

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my response and this is what they said:

I wrote - I would like to know why I can't use custom playbooks in my Madden 2006 franchise and why even have a create-a-playbook feature if you can't use them in the most popular modes. I mean only using custom playbooks in practice and exhibition is inexcusable, please forward this to someone who actually cares as I understand whoever's reading this could probably care less what I'm typing but please send this to whoever you feel may actually have some say in correcting it for next year. Tell them to google "no custom playbooks madden 2006" and see how their customers truly feel about this oversight. Thanks/Gary

Response from EA - Hello,

Thank you for contacting us here at Electronic Arts Technical Support. I asked around about this and the best answer I got was this. When yopu play against the computer it doesn't matter if you have the best set of players and the most innovative play making in the world because its like playing against an inanimate object or playing against yourself. But when you play against people the no custom playbook rule levels the field and doesn't give an unfair advantage to anybody. At least that's the explanation I got. Perhaps you could post this question at EA.com so the game developer and planners can notice this and do something about it. Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase http://support.ea.com.

Please email us about any significant change or development with your issue.
Thank you for choosing EA Games!

Victor O
Electronics Arts Technical Support
Arkaein

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for looking into this Skinsfan. While this sounds like an honest answer from the support rep, it's thinly veiled BS underneath. Not wanting to give an unfair advantage is a reasonable reason for online play (at least ranked online play, I think that custom playbooks are perfectly acceptable for unranked games between agreeable players), but this gives no excuse for a crippled Franchise mode.

No, I can only conclude that EA is:

A. Lazy. They screwed up the code somehow that made custom playbooks work in Franchise and didn't care enough to make it right.

B. Stupid. They think that the "unfair advantage" of custom playbooks should not even be allowed in a single player mode.

C. Arrogant jerks. They know they're the only NFL licensed game in town, and don't care about improving (or even worsening their game) as long as they can sell more copies with updated rosters and one or two whiz-bang features (QB Precision Vision).

D. Any/all of the above.

I can only hope that in the future the NFL and NFLPA realize that exclusive licensing may be a good way to make a fast buck but will degrade the gaming landscape in the long run. The sooner that EA gets a real competitor again, the better.
skinsfan9183

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No prob and ya you're right I mean I thought Madden 05 had it's strengths and weaknesses just like ESPN 2k5 had it's set off both but it goes w/o saying that the lack of competition will hurt because even if Madden continues to be a really good football game, competition always makes for a better product for the consumer. Even if you hate all other football games w/o the word Madden on the front you should still appreciate the fact that you have a choice. Anyway, great site and at least I found it as a result of this year's omission although I hope EA not only brings back custom playbooks for franchise in
runNshoot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfan9183 wrote:
No prob and ya you're right I mean I thought Madden 05 had it's strengths and weaknesses just like ESPN 2k5 had it's set off both but it goes w/o saying that the lack of competition will hurt because even if Madden continues to be a really good football game, competition always makes for a better product for the consumer. Even if you hate all other football games w/o the word Madden on the front you should still appreciate the fact that you have a choice. Anyway, great site and at least I found it as a result of this year's omission although I hope EA not only brings back custom playbooks for franchise in
ISU Champ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking about going to some of the major review sites and chastising them for not mentioning the custom playbook omission.... in a public way so other users might not get suckered into buying a product that doesn't help them.
runNshoot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISU Champ wrote:
I am thinking about going to some of the major review sites and chastising them for not mentioning the custom playbook omission.... in a public way so other users might not get suckered into buying a product that doesn't help them.

Great idea.....I've already started doing it. I mean the hogwash about about taking the PB's out to keep a 'level playing field' is b.s. Generally, 2 people will agree up front on whether each or both will use PB's ( I only play on console).
ISU Champ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, I think the "online" franchise and spawn games modes was what screwed players like us, though putting in a small bit of code would have saved the feature(if you are playing a fran game online, you don't have access to a playbook with custom-designed plays for instance, but in other modes for the single player, it is all good).
raemerso

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI...I just sold my copy of Madden 06 to some guy who doesn't care about custom playbooks...got $45 Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: