Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Update for Madden 2006 Now Available!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arkaein

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: First Update for Madden 2006 Now Available! Reply with quote

Madden NFL 2006 officially comes out tomorrow (some places releasing tonight at midnight I believe), so I've released my first update for the new season. Check out the Madden main page for 3 new plays to start the new season, with more on their way.

Since I don't have my copy of Madden yet I haven't been able to test out these plays. I'll make any changes necessary ASAP after I get my copy, but if there are any problems found with the new plays before that please discuss them here. Also, this topic is a good place to discuss any ways in which use of custom playbooks is changed with Madden 2006. Other Madden 2006 discussion should go in the General Strategy or Miscellaneous forums.

Arkaein
valar2006

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh?
runNshoot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: The playbooks Reply with quote

I hear we can't use custom playbooks in franchise mode. So why should anyone bother buying 06' ????
Arkaein

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The playbooks Reply with quote

runNshoot wrote:
I hear we can't use custom playbooks in franchise mode. So why should anyone bother buying 06' ????

About the only reasons would be the new QB vision system (which is kind of cool, though it takes some getting used to) and updated rosters.

Also, defense seems a bit more realistic, I had my first shutout in I don't know how long a couple days ago (on All-Pro). I might have to move up to All-Madden pretty soon though just to get a CPU defense that can score some points against me. Actually, it's not so much stronger defense but more difficult passing (for the CPU as well) which means that running is more important. I like this improved balance aspect, but in all the updates are not worth buying a new copy in my opinion.

If you mostly care about custom plays, then I would definitely not get 2006, just keep using the plays here on 2005.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: