Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gamecube or PS2?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewWorldMan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Gamecube or PS2? Reply with quote

been playing Madden NFl 2003 on gamecube..wantiing to move up to '05.
Should I but Madden NFL 2005 for the game cube or my son's ps2?

Please list pros and cons of each with your reply. Thanks-in-advance.
lazziness

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS2, Hands down.

(Or X-Box Very Happy)
Arkaein

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to play online, obviously Gamecube is out, and you'd probably want to go PS2 (don't know about X-Box, but I'm opposed to Microsoft on general priciples).

If you don't care about online play then Gamecube is fine. I don't know what's with all of the Gamecube/Nintendo haters out there, but the system is just fine, and Madden runs fine on it. Plus, even though there are slight differences between platforms, if anything Gamecube is a bit more powerful than PS2 (remember, it was released later), but a game like Madden is going to be largely identical across platforms. Lazziness, have you ever even used a Gamecube?

About the only other factor to consider is if you want to do things like trade Madden cards with other people, which would require a compatible system. But seriously, the system controller you like best is probably the biggest factor other than online play to consider.
lazziness

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cousin lives with me and yes, he has a gamecube.

Also GC is doing worst in sales, this must account for something? Very Happy
PS2 is statistically ranked #1 in console gaming.
Arkaein

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazziness, followers do whatever is popular, but it's trendsetters that make new things popular even though they didn't start that way.

Judging the quality of something by its popularity, is, in a word, retarded. Look at any point in history, and think about the styles and fashions, and how silly some of the things people did were. What's popular one day is passe the next, and many popular things were never good.

As far as sales, there are a few things to consider. Nintendo tends to focus on fun games, while Playstation and XBox go for the "mature" audiences. Some of these mature games are plenty fun too (such as Grand Theft Auto), but for the most part they focus more on graphics, gore, and so on instead of fun gameplay. Nintendo games, especially those made by Nintendo itself, tend to focus on fun gameplay.

The problem is that a lot of these games have cutesy "family friendly" characters and themes, which males age 14-25 tend to be embarassed by, preferring macho themed sports and FPS games. These games can be good too, but honestly, Nintendo knows fun, and people who dismiss the Super Marios and the Legend of Zelda games are missing out on some of the best of what console gaming has too offer. Not everybody is into every type of game, so if all you plays are sports games than this won't mean much. But for most people these games really are good. Once you get past about 25 or so, you stop caring so much about what other people think and are less impressed by sheer violence and gore, and tend to get back into whatever games are most fun.

In any case none of this matters to the original question, Madden is basically identical on whatever system you play it on, the only real differences are the controllers and online capabilities.
SouthTitanDude

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with PS2 if I were you. I just think the graphics are better. However, there also isnt really anything different between 2004 and 2005. In my opinion, 2004 had better graphics. The only thing really different is you cant create a fan!
NewWorldMan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkaein wrote:
... seriously, the system controller you like best is probably the biggest factor other than online play to consider.

Thanks for the input. We have both in the house,. the Gamecube is hooked upto the better tv (a plus, but a minus as there's mroe fights for the good tv)

Are there any functional limitations between the controllers and Madden (i.e. hot routes/shifting/audibles)

Agina, thanks

NWM
Arkaein

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are there any functional limitations between the controllers and Madden (i.e. hot routes/shifting/audibles)

I doubt it. I looked at some online images and FAQs for Madden on PS2, and the controllers are quite similar in button capabilities (both PS2 and GC have two analog sticks, a directional pad, and four main buttons. The GC has three total shoulder buttons while I think the PS2 has four? But I doubt this makes much difference). The actions for various audibles and such for PS2 look basically the sames as for the GC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: