Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ark, or anybody that can help me out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> General Strategy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hackmen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: ark, or anybody that can help me out Reply with quote

i need help with the running game and i dont know if you used Mike Martz's playbook ever but that is the one i have choosen. Im wondering if there is anything that you can tell me about how to run the ball more effectively and what formations and where to find them that i can use to become more efficient on the ground. In madden the best way to keep the opponent from scoring is to keep his teams offense off the field and when playing only 5 or 6 min. quarters you can easily win the T.O.P. battle with a good ground game. The thing is that i can run but not very well and then i get into 3rd and long situations and am forced to throw. That gets too predictable. so please if anyone can give me some good techniques or good formations and/or plays to help me out..\
Arkaein

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: ball control Reply with quote

You know, I used to be in the camp that said you have to be able to run the ball effectively to win. I would often run on first down, even if I only averaged 2-3 yards per carry, in the name of balance and to keep the defense from keying on the pass. Nowadays I'm not usre this is the best technique.

I think it's more important to be able to convert 3rd or 4th and short, as well as goal line situations consistently, than it is to actually run on a high percentage of plays. When I try to run a lot on early downs I find myself going again and again to my money pass plays on 3rd down, and therefore getting very predictable.

I think a better strategy is to simply call whetever plays are most likely to get you a solid gain at the current time. If you aren't a very good runner, then probably that means a pass. Now if you're opponent sees you passing 70% of the time or more he going to start stunting, applying pressure, and trying to put your QB in some pain so you'll need to use some designed quick pass plays and high protection (only 2 or 3 WRs, the rest blocking) to compensate.

Once your opponent starts attacking the pass exclusively, such as by spreading his D-line wide to get a faster rush, this is when you want to attack with occassional runs. You want to keep these a surprise though, so make sure you can run from formations you like to pass from, and keep a few run audibles as well (I like to use 2 when I use audibles, one left side and one right, with at least one of the two being mostly straight up the middle, and ideally reversible using the Playmaker).

That's really the key to playcalling, mixing things up so your opponent can't find a consistent weakness, and always attacking his weaknesses, staying one step ahead. Mixing runs and passes is one way to do this, but it's not the only way. Concentrate on a combination of power runs for short yardage and suprise runs against passing defenses.
pimpdaddypat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want, i can email you my playbook, it has a good bit of effective running plays in it...
hackmen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.curtisfifty@hotmail.com[/url]
2much2dealwith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you email that to me 2. my running game is in the same boat. atg305@hotmail.com

2 much 2 deal with

so watch out kids
pimpdaddypat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh ill send them to you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> General Strategy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: