Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the worst thing about '05

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OG Relapse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: the worst thing about '05 Reply with quote

is you can't make crazy substitutions, you can only sub qb/k/p for qb, hb/fb for hb, hb/fb/te for fb, te/wr/fb/hb for wr, ect... I always liked puttin my DBs in at WR in franchise mode to make em better...oh well
pimpdaddypat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always wanted to be able to sub my HB in for my QB so i could hike it directly to my HB and run a QB (HB) sneak (run)... Which would essentially give you an extra blocker if you take out the QB postion ... but the game wont let you sub your HB for your QB ... so i guess the only alternative is to get a fast, quick QB who is like a HB (mike vick for instance) and use him for it. the falcons actually do this i believe ... they dont actually have a formation designed specifically for it ... but i believe they run a QB sneak in one of their power running formations

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree...I wanted to put some offensive lineman down on my d-line in a custom goal line set and it wouldn't let me do it... Sad
All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for some reason mysecond WR(me) was subbed in at DB in the quarter defense, dont know why but im not fighting it
Arkaein

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
for some reason mysecond WR(me) was subbed in at DB in the quarter defense, dont know why

A lot of teams only carry 8 DBs total. Because Quarters uses 7 DBs, most teams are only two DB injuries away from having to make a substitution. A WR is likely, but sometimes you get stuck with a LB playing FS.

Ugh, I had a game blown because of this a few years back when I used Speed Quarter as my primary defense. I hadn't realized that a substitution was made, and I think I got torched for 2 deep TDs because my LB playing FS couldn't keep up on the deep routes Mad
lipidquadcab

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just played some NCAA 2005 last night and played a couple games with my Dukies...anyways, I moved the starting running back to QB and two tackles to tight end...I ended up running the ball for 400 yards apiece against Navy and UConn on All-American (equivilent of All-Pro on Madden)...I know those aren't amazing teams, but c'mon, I was Duke.
pimpdaddypat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can put your HB at QB in NCAA 2005? if so, what formation did you use?
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in NCAA 2005 you can make most crazy substitutions that you can in madden 2004

About the WR at FS i have 11 defensive backs (dont ask why) so i dont think thats why lol
pimpdaddypat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow ... ive been trying to beat USC at USC on heismen level with Ole Miss for a long time now and i havent been able to ... but maybe now i can with that trick of putting my halfback at QB ... what formations and plays did you run with that substitution in?
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ not sure if it will help now but even in NCAA 06 u can pretty much do anything u want (or that would make half-sense)

After i audabled from a punt to a playaction pass the other day (got the first down catch with my ROLB lol) the next play i call out of the shotgun i have my backup DE at 1st WR and my lb'er that caught the pass in at TE, i think its just a glitch.
nkasimer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a glitch in 05 that puts in DEs at QB for one formation. If you fix it, it puts a QB at DE for one formation. I decided to put in my QB at DE, and Dante Culpepper was defensive player of the week.

Nathan
All Star

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just go to substitutions and reset them for the formations that u have a problem with and problem solved
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: