Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Double Coverage and ?Triple Coverage?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lipidquadcab

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Double Coverage and ?Triple Coverage? Reply with quote

FIrst time poster...i love the site...lots of good info...anyways, but question has to do with man coverage. I created a formation with 8DBs and I would like to be able to double cover 3 different receivers...however, every time I try, one of the dbs ends up going to what I assume is deepest man (dotted red arrow pointing back about 6 yards). Also, while I'm asking, is there any way to do triple coverage. I think it would be more of a novelty play but just curious. Thanks again.
Arkaein

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: double/triple coverage Reply with quote

I'd like to give you some advice here, but I don't think I can. I've had very little luck getting any kind odf specific man coverage working.

I specify coverages that make sense to me, but for the most part defenders cover the players nearest to them and of an appropriate position (e.g. LBs will cover TEs and RBs for the most part).

Anyone who has found any ways to get alternative man coverages to work, please feel free to contribute.
lipidquadcab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for the response...I've been messing around with my defense since I posted and I've manged to figure out double coverage on the two primary receivers pretty well...looks like it works fine as long as the wideouts are close to their normal position...i'll post if I find anything new...
lipidquadcab

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: TRIPLE COVERAGE UPDATE Reply with quote

Ok...so I was testing out a formation today with only the two corners in man coverage. Well, they had a slot receiver so I told a safety to cover him. Then I decided I wanted him double covered so I told the other safety to cover him as well. Then, he went in motion and lined up against the open corner. I looked at the assignments and all three guys were covering him. While this wouldn't be useful in a base formation, I can imagine some uses in the Quarter or even Golden Dollar where the play calls for a man double covered and then you manually tell the safety to cover him as well. Anyways, peace out.
All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your probably better off having double coverage with safeties deep
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: