Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Kansas I entry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Guest Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SouthTitanDude

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: The Kansas I entry Reply with quote

As we all know, I have created a series of formations that are called the"Kansa" formations. Well I have finally developed this paticular formation to where I want it to be. Ark, with the new gidelines in effect, I would like this one to be tested out. It is my most original stuff (duh...I created the grand scheme).
The Kansas I
Code:

......Y.OOOOO.X......
..........Q..T.......
..........H..........
..........F..........

The Kansas I formation is my original Kansas formation so it has sentimental value to me. It was what inspired a whole series of Kansas formations and this entire book.

When you first see this, you may think that it looks extremely stupid and unconventional, Well now you know how the defenses are going to feel. This is an I formations with the
Arkaein

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good, I'll test it probably tonight.

Any suggestions for a formation to modify to get good motion, etc.?
SouthTitanDude

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know, I didnt modiffy it. I would say probabally any I formation. Either a tight or two wr set. Lemme know what you use.
Arkaein

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titian Dude, I tried out your new Kansas I using the GB - Full House Wide formation as a base. I didn;t try out much motion, but I did give your plays a chance. Here's my thoughts.

First of all, although I'm sure you've put quite a bit of time into your plays I'm sure you have not tested them as thoroughly as I said I wanted. Slap Sweep as specified did not work well at all. Despite how it is supposed to go a back step is quite fast and the HB beats the FB lead block out of the backfield. I did however trya delay instead and this owrked quite well. Despite some tackles for loss I'd be willing to use this play with credit shared by you, PDP and myself.

FB Toss Strong, however, I believe is beyond my help. It lost yards nearly every time I tried it. No go. Come up with another name though. Draw means a run play after faking the pass. No good for an actual pass play.

Draw I like. It does have very weak protection, but on the other hand I love plays that can get the FB wide open and this play does that very well. I think that the backs, then the TE, and last the WRs are the order of likely reads, but overall a solid play.

In conclusion, I'm going to accept part of your submission but with reservations. In the future I don't want to see any plays that have not been thoroughly tested at All-Pro level against random plays from an appropriate D formation.
SouthTitanDude

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least part of it is getting puy in it. I will definetly put more harsher testing. I am glad you liked draw. I will rename it bait. Sorry. I have yet another qusetion, If we submit a formation now, can we put plays in it later. or in other terms, can I work on runs now and post them after theformation is in the book.
Arkaein

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If we submit a formation now, can we put plays in it later. or in other terms, can I work on runs now and post them after theformation is in the book.

Yes, the format for the GPS will be pretty wide open. Plays can be posted for built in formations, my own formations, other people's GPS formations, and so on.
pimpdaddypat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the credit ark!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Guest Playbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: