Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guest Playbook Submission Guidelines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Guest Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arkaein

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Guest Playbook Submission Guidelines Reply with quote

Hey everyone, first off I'd like to say it's great how many people are sharing there plays and formations, either one at a time or in entire playbooks. Keep it up! It's great to see so much new material.

However, as the guy that has taken it upon himself to test out this material for inclusion in the GPS (Guest Playbook Section), I'm getting a bit overwhelmed. I simply don't have the time to create all of the plays that are being posted and give them the type of thorough testing I use before writing up and posting my own plays. I've told people to submit only their best and most original stuff, but I though it was time to make some formal guidelines.

First, I am going to limit the number of plays I look at from each person. I'll look at a maximum of 6 new plays and/or formations from each person every 3 weeks. This means you could give me 1 formation with up to 5 plays or 2 formations with a total of 4 plays between them, or even 3 forms and 3 plays, though I'd rather not make a huge number of formations because of Madden playbook limitations. You can also use built in formations or formations from my website without counting against your total (e.g. you could give me 6 new plays in standard Singleback-Trips Bunch formation). If you've got an entire playbook written up you can still send it to me, just make sure to specify which plays to look at (and make sure these plays at least meet all of the other requirements).

Note: none of this means I don't want people sharing whole playbooks. It just means that I won't be considering whole playbooks for the GPS.

Second, I only want to look at plays that have been thoroughly tested. I test my own plays generally in practice mode at All-Pro difficulty (All Madden gives too much of a pure physical advantage to the opponent to really be a fair test) against appropriate defenses, e.g. a 4 WR sets gets tested mostly against Dime. I don't want to see submissions for the GPS that have not been tried out in similar situations, though a high number of reps in nomal gameplay counts fine. I'm saying this because I have a feeling a few people might be posting ideas that they haven't actually tried out, especially for defensive formations. Also, testing within the Create-a-Playbook editor itself is meaningless because the opponent plays at about Rookie level and does not choose appropriate plays, so just because a lpay looks good when you first make it doesn't mean it will work when it counts.

Third, from now on any play I will consider for the GPS must be described with crystal clarity. Formations in particular should be posted using the code templates I posted in the earlier announcement on formations. Make sure to specify exactly which player is in which position. For plays I want the exact moves of every player just like on the main site. This is especially important for running plays, as the timing of the step and the selection of the gap makes all the difference. And use the Preview button!

That's it. People who have already sent me plays and/or playbooks to evaluate, I've already looked at some stuff but if I haven't said anything about what I like yet post a message (in the topic talking about your plays, not this topic) about which plays should be evaluated specifically. You can also private message me, but I prefer for everyone to get to know which plays are best and the nitty gritty of how to create them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Guest Playbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: