Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Play Selections

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> General Strategy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phillyfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Play Selections Reply with quote

I play with the Eagles and I was wondering if you had any suggestions for specific plays that would be most effective with this team.
gbp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: RE; Reply with quote

I normally run a simple west coast offense with them
stealthjmac6

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

todd pinkston has great leaping ability and is tall...throw him the deep ball in single coverage
ndirish88

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: play selections Reply with quote

donovan macnabb is one of the few qbs in the game that can run. i normally go from some kind of spread shotgun formation with them. if nobody is open i just tuck it and run. although simple, this strategy works about 80% of the time.
runNshoot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ndirish88.........this "O" philosophy is right on target. In my mind any time you have a
mobile Qb...you wanna give at least half the passing plays run/pass options. IMO,
Andy Reid doesn't do enough of this. The only way I'd use a WCO is if I had a weak-armed Qb. With a McNabb, you wanna keep the "D" the in a Qb spy-mode.....this
takes at one defender outta every play. The best way to do this is to keep at 3 Wr's
on the field at all times.....while mixing short and deep routes. Routes that spread the "D" out.
cowboys3204

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: The Eagles Reply with quote

I suggest you throw to TO as little as possible. Chances are, he'll been in tight double coverage. That should open up Pinkston. Try throwing to Westbrook. As for Donovan McNabb, accuracy has always been an issue. Try the short yardage passing game with a few bootlegs. As for the D, use the bump and run coverage scheme, since the CB aren't blazing fast. If you can do that, you should play a good game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> General Strategy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: