Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5-2 Punisher

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SouthTitanDude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: 5-2 Punisher Reply with quote

Ark,

It is a very cool formation. I thought ot was funny with the (very patient) forum contributer
Phate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool

Try using Fire Green and Spy Green from my defense book too, Ark. Make only one change on Fire Green: Have the tackles from either side of the DEs blitz outward. It blocks the DEs guys so they can cut inside and sack the QB. I tend to tackle for losses alot using this play.
Arkaein

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Fire Green and Spy Green Reply with quote

Quote:
Try using Fire Green and Spy Green from my defense book too

I'll give these a try. Have you actually tried hese with Punisher, or just your own 5-2?
Arkaein

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: More Reply with quote

Also, Phate if you wanted maybe you could implement Fire and Spy Green and do a quick description for consideration in the GPS (Guest Playbook Section).
pimpdaddypat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh. i created my on 5-2 defense, which i modified the 4-3 to make. what i did was i just scooted the linemen out and moved the MLB up to a NT position and move the OLBs to behind the DT's with one space in b/t them and the DT's. Then I just kept the secondary the same as the 4-3 secondary. the 5-2 is mainly for 2 WR formations. So the reason the defense that i created works well is b/c say you call 5-2 and the offense ends up running a formation with more than 2 receivers, then you can shift back into a 4-3 and have better pass coverage. Anyway, i create Spy Green and Fire Green in my version and they both are pretty consistent and work pretty well in most situations. They are very balanced. Not deadly against either the run or the pass in particular, but pretty consistent against both.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: