Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sweet new Defensive Formations
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Sweet new Defensive Formations Reply with quote

I have got the trick for all you D lovers

The 5 Monster is a beauty in which there are five linemen 3 backers 1 saftey and 2 corners variing the outs backers kills out side running games and stresses the QB on passes

The 6-2 (my personal favorite) this is a nasty defence that cuts to the core of running games 6 down linemen and 2 backers Dont use this if your corners suck it sounds useless against a pass but the added pressure tto the quarter back forces bad throws and easy picks. No need to worry about outside running plays with the additional length to the D-Line

And Last But Not Least:
The Gap 8 perfect for goal line 8 linemen and a Middle Line backer, fortress eat your heart out you'll make more stops on the goal line with this baby than you ever thought possible, the line backer is mostly for show just blitz him or use him for pass coverage. This is a sick and impenetrable defence (on the goal line)

NOTE
These plays will pretty much only work if your corner backs are on man-coverage

Have fun guys
Bear
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pimpdaddypat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why dont you draw the formations up so we can see exactly how to create them ... and also, i prefer a 7-1 to a 8 front ... 7 linemen, 1 linebacker, 2 corners, and an up a little bit closer free safety...
The_Bear

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone who is interested in seeing these chalked up tell me and I will e-mail them to you
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pimpdaddypat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

email me them at roachjp@gosaints.org
SouthTitanDude

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hey, I'll give it a try. jswoab@cox.net.

P.S. Do you have anything to stop QB sneaks. They are killing me on two points
The_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know QB sneaks are a big problem if the O line is good Im gonna send you the first set of formations and then give you my abti-QB sneak formation once I work the kinks out
The_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Titan your in luck... I found this formation in my old junior high play book I got at least 7 sacks the first season we added this formation (DT). Now the make sure your DT are as tight to the center as they can go all fron three... This will cause the pocket to collapse to the QB has no protection the last DT behind the others will go through any gap that is created therefore clogging any hole the QB could use send ur FS in deep zone for a possible pass but keep your SS and CB on man coverage... Put the LB in the hook zone just in case the pass or somehow the qb gets through. Finally send your Ends on Blitzes when that pocket collapses the QB either has to take the sac or try and go out side

I will e-mail the formation to you

Baar
RIchard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can u email them too me. quaterback2007@yahoo.com
SouthTitanDude

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks bear. Now you said that you played football in junior high. Do you still play?
lazziness

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, games are won in the trenches Wink (I played noseguard for a year) last year I was into the MLB, nasty knee injury ended this season for me though

shinycardboard@gmail.com send that playbook this way
Phate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You better pray to God they don't run it up the middle in the 6-2 and 8 Man defenses, because if they do, all they have to do is get by your safety and you're screwed.

I would personally like to see some of your plays vs. a Double-Wing T formation:
Code:

......TOOOOOT.......
.....F...Q...F......
.........H..........

As for the 5-3, I guess I'd have to see it to make a judgement on it. Can you post all of your formations vs a Double-Wing T?

How does your defenses fair against a no-back formation? does the blitzing get the QB before he can dump the ball off?
cj22mack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you send it to me at cj24dede@aol.com. thanks
Jay Smooth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

send it to JasonBNewell@aol.com
lipidquadcab

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I am very intrigued, and thus ask that you send diagrams to jfoster@iastate.edu. Now, on to my comments.

5 Monster seems to basically be a modified goal line defense...

6-2...I like the idea of six guys on the line, but not all of them being down lineman...

FInally, the Gap 8...I don't know of any team that has 8 down lineman capable of plugging a lane by themselves...with only the one linebacker, you can really only plug one hole, so with decent lead blocking, a big run is very possible.

I look forward to seeing the x's and o's of these plays and running a few of them in practice mode.
Arkaein

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bear, If you'd like any of your D considered for the GPS send the playbook my way, and specify what specifically you want considered according to the guidelines (5 plays in one foramtion, 4 total plays in 2 formations or 3 total plays in 3 formations).

I'd be nice to add a defensive formation to the GPS before the superbowl, so anyone else with something good post it to a new thread (Guest Playbook section please).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: