Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Play Diagrams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattyp151

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Play Diagrams Reply with quote

What program did you use to make your play diagrams with?
Arkaein

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the FAQ:

Quote:
Besides being a gamer and football fan, I'm also a software developer. I wrote my own small software package for generating diagrams from small text files describing formations and plays. I then process the images in the free GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) software package before including them on my site.

A few people have asked me if they could have a copy of the software. I don't mind sharing, but there are a few issues that would prevent it from being useful for most people. They are:

* I run Linux, not Windows, on my PC. This means that an executable version of my software probably won't work on your computer.
* I could give out the source code, which can be compiled into an executable on almost any platform, but most people don't have the software development tools necessary to do this.
* The code isn't complete. it will successfully create diagrams for all of the plays on my site so far, and most other plays you could make, but certain actions such as particular running steps are not included because I haven't used them yet, and I don't want to include actions that I don't have a play to test with.

If you're still interested in the software despite all of these issues I'd be willing to send it to you, but don't come asking for any support or bug fixes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: