Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REQ: Arkaein's 5-2 Defense
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JiggleFactor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkaein wrote:
It's a radical type of 3-4 that blends some ideas from a base 3-4, a 5-2, and my own Edge Nickel formation. Look out for my Peregrine 3-4 to be posted very soon, probably Monday night. Not only is it quite effective against certain offenses, it uses a technique I'll best most people have never seen on a football field before. Wink

Sounds awesome, the anticipation is killing me! Surprised
Arkaein

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: It's here Reply with quote

Quote:
Sounds awesome, the anticipation is killing me!

Well your agony is over because Peregrine 3-4 is now here. Check it out guys, I just hope it lives up to the hype I've built up Shocked

In other news, anyone watching Monday Night Football tonight. It looks like Bill Belicheck took my Golden Dollar (well, he used a zero defensive line formation a few time anyways)!
kingfeej

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: It's here Reply with quote

Arkaein wrote:
In other news, anyone watching Monday Night Football tonight. It looks like Bill Belicheck took my Golden Dollar (well, he used a zero defensive line formation a few time anyways)!

Amazing stuff, one of the best games I have seen in a very long time. Huzzah for the underdogs!
kingfeej

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and peregrine looks amazing. Cant wait to try it out tomorrow. Ah yes and a question ; will your OLB's bump automaticaly or do you have to audible them to?
Arkaein

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: OLB bump Reply with quote

Quote:
will your OLB's bump automaticaly or do you have to audible them to?

The bump is automatic, though it's not exactly the same as true press coverage it works almost as well.

It's actually a very recent modification (about 5 days ago) which I made to the formation, though it's always what I wanted. I originally tried to get the LBs to play man coverage so I could make them press using the DOWN coverage audible. However Madden automatically forces LBs in man coverage to cover TEs and backs, even if no CBs play man. So I switched them to flats zone, but originally had them lined up one square inside. This made them cut off the passing lane for really quick passes and actually made the play better against off tackle runs, but I had to manually control an OLB to get a bump.

After experimenting with their current full outside position I decided that the automatic bumps were effective enough on their own and in most cases worth exposing a bit more weakness vs. the run. I probably wouldn't have done this but I decided that using D-line shifts can solidify the most vulernable running lanes, and the result is what I have posted.
Arkaein

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: 5-2 Punisher Reply with quote

Quote:
Please, oh mighty Madden Football God, create a 5-2 defense that I can use to make my enemies beg for mercy.

Your prayers have been answered my son! Phate, and all other Maddenites, take thee this 5-2 Punisher and go forth. Smite down your enemies with the almighty Slant, and blind their eyes with the holy Mirage.

Very Happy
kingfeej

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, looks like teh sweetness. Can't wait to try it out once I get a minute.
Phate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AM THE HAPPIEST MAN ALIVE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: