Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maryland I and WISHBONE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wally P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Maryland I and WISHBONE Reply with quote

Why no more plays for WISHBONE and no MARYLAND I formation at all?
Both are my most effective formations.... i would LIKE to see another OUTSIDE run for both formations because they seem to be effective..... Please accomadate me o great formation builder Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you're talking to me (please clarify if not).

I'll probably post one more Wishbone-Big play this season, probably pretty soon. I'm not sure which formation you mean by the Maryland I, the closest I've got is the Sidewinder. I don't have any plays scheduled for release in that formation, and unfortunately I don't really have time right now to be developing a lot of new plays.
Wally P

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: k Reply with quote

Yah, i was refering to you but its all cool... yah a few new WISHBONE plays would be awsome... i have Maryland I and that basically is 4 in a line including quarter back...
post them wishbone plays whnever you have the free time

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkaein wrote:
I'm not sure which formation you mean by the Maryland I

7 packed together on the line, four in the backfield.

OOOXOOO
........O
........O
........O
........O

Good for lots of option plays, and a killer on outside and inside runs.
Arkaein

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who's got any good Maryland I plays that work well in Madden, I'd be interested in seeing them myself.

If you've read the formation page for Sidewinder you've seen that that formation was originally intended to be like the Maryland I (though I used 2 FBs and just one HB, I suspect that the Maryland I has 2 HBs), but I had a lot of trouble with players just running into each other. I solved the problem by spreading out into the Sidewinder. I'd like to see other plays that actually work in a 3 back, straight I-formation.
pimpdaddypat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just straight blasts with one half back and two fullbacks leading are good. Counter sweeps with both fullbacks blocking outside and both guards pulling. Offtackles with both fullbacks blocking. Iso's with only on fullback blocking and the other one going the opposite way to draw attention the other way. Fullback dives. Short passes. Screen pass to the halfback. Those are some good ones. I know because I use this formation too. It's one of my favorite because you just choose which side the defense has more people on and then switch the play to go the opposite way and the defense doesnt shift because it is a balanced offense. And also I found a little secret that can be done with this formation that is technically illegal in real life but works in the game. However, I can't remember how I got it so once I find that out I'll let you all know.
Arkaein

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One specific question for people who have actually made the Maryland-I on Madden, do you put a gap between the QB and the first RB, or are they actually stacked on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th rows like Phate's diagram shows?

I assume a gap is necessary to let the lead blocker block inside without running through the QB, but I haven't actually tried it without the gap.
pimpdaddypat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes... there is a gap b/t the firt rb and the qb ... it is necessary ... especially to run fb dives
ree ko

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a pic or representation of Maryland I formation. I seen it before on NCAA05. And does any have else have any good plays from this formation.
ISU Champ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbo55

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wishbone is one of my most effective formations. I don't know if Ark has this play, to lazy to look so I'll just post it I guess.
Assignments:
Oline- run block
FB- Lead- wide LT
SB- Lead- wide LT
HB- shuffle step- dive LT

I really like this play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: