Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how did evry1 find this site?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stealthjmac6

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: how did evry1 find this site? Reply with quote

i found it on google.. i was jus searching for madden stuff and this caught my eye
Team 5k

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:47 am    Post subject: find site Reply with quote

I also was searching on googles for madden information and came across this site.Ijust wished i could use custom playbooks online it would turn some heads.
Arkaein

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:22 am    Post subject: Custom Playbooks and Online Play Reply with quote

Is it not possible to use online playbooks at all in online play? I play on Gamecube, so unfortunately I've never been able to play online, and despite receiver a lot of e-mails about my site no one has ever confirmed or denied whether it was possible to use custom playbooks online.

Is it really not possible at all, or is it just an option that has to be set (allowing custom playbooks), and is off by default.

Anyone who knows please speak up, I'm very curious about this and I have a feeling lots of other players that haven't tried it would like to know as well.
stealthjmac6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

in madden 2004, you can't use playbooks online. If you think about it, it could ruin online play since you might be able to make unstoppable plays. Also in this years madden there is no online franchise mode. There wasnt one last year either but it is a feature many would like. Hopefully in 2005 they enable playbooks online as well as online franchises
Arkaein

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

That's really disappointing. Even though it could ruin the experience for some and should probably not be used for "serious" games, there's absolutely no reason it shouldn't be an option. EA Sports needs to grow up and realize that gamers are capable of making this kind of decision for themselves.

Additionally, they are overlooking possibly the ultimate bug detection system. Every year they make tweaks to their game engine to make the game more realistic and prevent these kind of unstoppable plays. Madden's almost gotten to the point where you can't make plays that wouldn't work in real life, which is a testament to their development. But by disallowing online gamers the option of custom plays they're really missing out on thousands of effectively beta-testers for next year's model.

Of course, maybe there are more glitches they know about that I don't and don't want the flaws in their game exposed?
Drastik

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Arkaein wrote:
Of course, maybe there are more glitches they know about that I don't and don't want the flaws in their game exposed?

What glitches do you know?
Michael Vick [X]

WHEN WILL THE MADDEN CURSE END?!
Arkaein

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: glitches Reply with quote

Well, in the funny glitch play invention thread in the Guest Playbook forum I looked at a modification of a HB Pass play that someone posted and made a few variations of my own. The biggest error I found was that if you change the HB route in certain ways the pall will actually be pitched forward, yet if it's dropped it's called a fumble rather than an incomplete pass.

Now that I think about it, I wonder what happens if you set a pass route for a RB in a normal running play? I guess I've never tried this, but you can set fake pass routes in run plays so it should be possible. It may be that this glitch can come up in more than just modified trick plays like HB Pass (which one version of is in Steelers - I Form Normal, BTW).

Also, some wierd behavior can happen if you create a running play and then change the lead blockers. The Qb might start the wrong way and then pitch the ball almost backwards to the running back. This probably couldn't be used to any advantage, but there it is (this is generally fixed by resetting the running action). I have one extreme example of this where the QB goes the wrong way for the handoff and actually spins in a complete circle, eventually having the carry the ball himself. I call it Drunk QB :-)

None of these flaws are very serious, because even the forward pitch fumble thing gives no real advantage to the offense unless you manage to make a fumblerusky play out of it, but they might cause EA a bit of embarrasment.
ndirish88

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: how did i find this site? Reply with quote

i was looking for an online playbook similar to that used by the texas tech red raiders on yahoo and this is the only thing that i found. ( if any of you do know of a web site with a spread offense, please reply. B.J. Symons averages atleast 400 yards passing per game.)
stealthjmac6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:13 am    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

online there are many glitches..

1.) Slot quick flats outa shotgun 3 wide always works in man coverage.. even in cover 2 unless u pull the flat corner all the way near the sideline..

2.) Quick offence isnt effective cuz of false starts.. but to prevent that u quickly go into spike ball and then u audible from there and you don't false start.

There are jus many glitches in general and it is a good thing they didnt allow playbooks online
pjthermos777

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Just by chance... Reply with quote

This site is amazing. I have found a new home.
lazziness

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Online playbooks aren't online compatible... I found it via google. Very Happy
SouthTitanDude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ndirish88, you might want to look at coachteed.com there is tons of multi-spread playbooks. you name it and it is there
All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arkein check out that playbook site i posted

if u give a HB a custom route and he passes near the QB he will still hand it off if u do it right

u can make wing back runs and many different plays like this

BTW i found this site searching on google for madden stuff
pimpdaddypat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap! so if i have a hb in a wing position and i make him run a pass route near the QB on a run play, the QB will hand it off to him?
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out the playbook website i posted, this works in madden 2004, not 2005 though, its pretty cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: