Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

General game tricks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> General Strategy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qdoba

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: General game tricks Reply with quote

I was just wondering if anyone had any general game tips on how to get pumped up stats.

One thing I do is bring my RE (actually an olb since I have 4 stud lbs) over to the left of my d-line and blitz using him. The OT will pick up the LE and this leaves you a clear path to the QB. If there is a TE it doesnt work as well, but i do it anyway. This gets a crazy amount of sacks. Season 2 in one of my leagues i had 133 sacks, with my sack leader having 46. (Thats on all-madden, 5 minute qtrs) Actrually just last night i had 8 sacks with Kevin Barnett in one game.

Anyone else have any neat tricks like that to get alot of picks or anything?
Killzone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Easy Passing Plays Reply with quote

Substitute the TE for a tall fast receiver in Strong I -Normal formation and call the WR Middle Cross play (NE Playbook). You need good pass protection because this play needs time for your TE/WR to tear way down the field. Good for when defence is not expecting a long pass (first down) otherwise your receiver will end up with triple coverage. Most of the time only a safety will be covering and your receiver can get open for a long gain, Occasionally, only a LB will be covering, and a guaranteed long TD. A good first or second down play in situations over 35 yds from goal line.

Make your fastest receiver the 4th receiver in depth chart and call SingleBack - Emty 5 WR formation - Slot Fly play (NE Playbook). 40% of the time the MLB will move to strong side. If the safeties dont move, throw to 4th recever slanting across middle the instant he moves past the MLB (takes a bit of practice) and recever will scythe through between the safeties for a TD. If the MLB in the middle remains where he is prior to the snap be extremely carefull in timing your throws as CPU makes him a super INT freak if the pass goes near him. If the MLB remains in the middle you normally have to wait til 4th receiver is 10-12 yds deep from the line before throwing. A good 3rd down play when needing up to 12-13yds for first down. Actually a good passing play when 10-15yds from goalline. This is a money play, even on All Madden mode you can run this every single play till you get a touchdown, with the exception of if you get sacked and need more than 13-14 yds on 3rd/4th down. If you get sacked it will be from a tackle coming through the line, you practically never have an effective pass rush from the sides.

If you have a tall good jumping WR as you No 1 receiver , call I Form -Normal formation, TE Out play. Good for when 30-40 yds from line in 1st and second down situations, where the DE has lined up exactly opposite the TE (this is a good audible play). Wait till the TE starts his cut out and the strong safety will nearly always move to cover the TE or the 2nd receiver. Throw to 1st receiver for a jump ball in end zone. Alternately, if the safety moves to cover the 1st receiver (occasionally happens) TE is good for a 5 yd gain.
fishsticks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: General game tricks Reply with quote

Qdoba wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone had any general game tips on how to get pumped up stats.

One thing I do is bring my RE (actually an olb since I have 4 stud lbs) over to the left of my d-line and blitz using him. The OT will pick up the LE and this leaves you a clear path to the QB. If there is a TE it doesnt work as well, but i do it anyway. This gets a crazy amount of sacks. Season 2 in one of my leagues i had 133 sacks, with my sack leader having 46. (Thats on all-madden, 5 minute qtrs) Actrually just last night i had 8 sacks with Kevin Barnett in one game.

Anyone else have any neat tricks like that to get alot of picks or anything?

how is that allowed in your league? 133 Sacks???
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inside the 45, line up to go for it on 4th down, than audable to a punt, and kick a low line drive hard as possible with the QB.

It will roll and u need to down it, just make sure the punt returner doesnt pick it up or it can be a fairly easy TD if you are not ready...

Got three safeties this way this season after downing the other team inside the 20, 9 of 10 tries(other one rolled two inches into the endzone Sad)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> General Strategy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: