Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Talentless defense?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> General Strategy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davion_Elite

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Talentless defense? Reply with quote

I am having problems running a defense with any sucess on All-Madden mode.

I took the advice on this site and a few others as to when i should call a play, and what kind of play I should call.

my problem is this, I am playing a franchise with the Pats and as you know, I have R. Harrison and L. milloy at the Safty spot along wil T. Law at corner. What you may not know it thatI also signed V. Green as a #3 safter and that my other two CBs are about an 81, and a 76 or so rookie [I forget the names], and the secondary seems to play like crap.

The offense can throw the ball at will and my secondary does one of three things; attempt a tip and completly miss putting them out of postion to stop the reciver after the obvious catch, attempt to take the reciver down as he makes the catch hoping to break up the play and end up having the tackle broke time and time again as the reciver runs the ball for a big gain and maybe the score, or finally, on a rare occasion come away with a pick, many times resulting in a defensive TD. While the later is good for me, I have seen it about three or four times after a few hundred passes.

The other issue I have is that when there is a run, many times the back will out smart the D with jukes and spins breaking big gain after big gain and/or when he is hit, the runner will break most every tackle, and many time the second tackle.

I tried the entire D playbook on the site, and it has helped a lot over how I used to play when it comes to calls, butI still find that while the Dfense has position, the fail to execute a finish the play, as if the team is only playing with half a heart.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get my own players to play up to the caliber that the computer A.I. does on All-Madden, or at least up to the level they play at on Pro and All-Pro modes?

Thank you for your time.
kardiackid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i cant help you, but i do share your pain. i have the same problems (no defense works against the pass for me) and in my franchise, even though im 9-2, i have given up the most passing yards in the league.
stealthjmac6

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I have perfected all madden mode. It is a lot different than playing another user. I tend do a dime cover 2 scheme all game vs the computer and get 7-8 picks a game.. sometimes 12, somtimes 5 depending on the qb. The key however is to move your guys to fix coverage vs the computers formation and to get a lead so they have to pass. You will need to take the safetys and move them further outside so you dont get beat on a streak because a tight end post would have caused your safety to bite. Also say they do a 5 wide you need to take your LB and move him to the side with the 3 recievers. I have built a franchise with a dime cover 2 and after my 1st season all 4 corners made probowl with 10 + ints and safetys. I suggest getting fast corners with good catch on the outside. Bigger corners with jump and better tackle to be the inside because at times they are like linebackers. Get good safetys with good awareness because sometimes they have to make 1v1 plays. 1 solid linebacker in the middle is important for run stopping and interception purposes. I have takeo spikes he had 112 tackles and 9 picks. Lastly the dline is the least important but i suggest having 1 good DE and put him on the right side where pass rush is more effective and he'll get a sack a game. Do not be discouraged if you are getting beat on bombs. Jus watch the replay and see what the safety did and try to fix it. Also if the computer is pounding the run which they do early let them. Eventually they will pass and you will get int oppurtunities. If they keep busting 20+ yarders then you are doing somthing wrong. It is normal for them to rush for 8-12 yards on occasion but your LB and safety will make a play here and there and your corners will kill any toss play. Any further questions please post.
kardiackid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, that's a pretty helpful tip, but how long are your quarters that u play? i play 4 min. quarters on all madden and my leading tackler had 60 tackles. thats the most i have ever had. how do u do it or are u just playing with long quarters?
cowboys3204

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel your pain. I can dominate the Ground game but the passing game has thwarted me. I was using Atlanta against the cards. Luke mcCown kept on dumping passes deep, even had a 13 completion streak. In the end I won 45-42 in OT but McCown had racked up 433 yards worth of passing yards. So don't feel too bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> General Strategy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: