Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playbook diagrams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Site Meta-Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tech10171968

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Playbook diagrams Reply with quote

Arkaein,

Would it be possible to either (a) include a utility to post play/formation diagrams in the forum or (b) import images of the same into the forum posts? I think there are times when a picture (or jpeg) really is worth a thousand words.

I'm sure you've already thought about this, but I just wanted to get your opinion (and maybe some technical advice if importing files is possible
Arkaein

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Images Reply with quote

I've thought about this, and I may include it this Fall.

Right now it is actually possible to include externally linked images in posts, see HB Explode under the Guest Playbook for an example. This topic shows a plus and a minus to this method. The first image in the post no longer exists, so it's kinda useless. The benefit (for me) to this is that it means that images aren't taking up space on my server. It kinda sucks to look through the archives though and see a good sounding play with no diagram.

This also makes it tougher to display images, becaue most forum members probably don't have personal web sites to use to post images from.

I look at my options and make a decision by this Fall. If lots of people are interested in posting plays I may just up the storage space my web hosting service to allow for stored images.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Site Meta-Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: