Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
D4rk 0ne



Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 9
Location: Bay Area, California ( USA )

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Advice? Reply with quote

I have a very potent team on both sides, but I'm in need of good offensive plays. I have a very strong O-Line, with four plays above 95 overall and the fifth is 93. My TE is Alge Crumpler, my recievers are Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, and the other Raiders recievers. My QB is a custom with a good arm and good speed.

I want some good plays for runs and some good plays for passes, but not balanced. What plays do you guys reccomend?

-- D4rk Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
ISU Champ



Joined: 13 Aug 2005
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What type of RB/FB situation are you looking at, because that will probably influence the advice you will receive.

Like, if you have a good pure running back and a great blocking FB, plus a hybrid/receiver type back, you might have additional options to consider. However, if you are closer to being more of a receiving back team, or there is weakness at FB, you may have a more limited potential playbook for the backfield.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
D4rk 0ne



Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 9
Location: Bay Area, California ( USA )

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISU Champ wrote:
What type of RB/FB situation are you looking at, because that will probably influence the advice you will receive.

Like, if you have a good pure running back and a great blocking FB, plus a hybrid/receiver type back, you might have additional options to consider. However, if you are closer to being more of a receiving back team, or there is weakness at FB, you may have a more limited potential playbook for the backfield.


I am confident in my FB as a lead blocker for Tomlinson. Frankly, I like to run on first and down 95% of the time, run on second down 65% of the time, and run on 3rd down 35% of the time. So I think if you can reccomend your favorite running plays, it would be better. I have some passing plays already, so if you'd reccomend running plays predominantly, I'd appreciate it.

-- D4rk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Arkaein



Joined: 30 Sep 2003
Posts: 333

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming you're looking for custom running plays, if not then the General Strategy forum would be a more appropriate place for this question.

Wishbone-Big is probably my best and most complete running formation. You won't be able to hide the fact that you intend to pound the ball, but with four running plays there's enough versatility to prevent overloads from shutting you down. Power Off Tackle is my favorite play.

You can also look at Sidewinder and T Bone-Jumbo. These formations both use the same personnel, including two FBs, so you can easily audible between them. The only thing to watch out for is I've found that Weak Dive (T Bone) periodically misses the handoff in 2006 for some reason, so you can't rely on it in critical situations. IB Double Wham, Power O Sting and T Trap are probably my best plays here.

Finally, Jumbo Wing offers just a couple running plays but also mixes in some nice passes (the previous 3 formations only have 2 pass between all of them).
_________________
Arkaein
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
D4rk 0ne



Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 9
Location: Bay Area, California ( USA )

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkaein wrote:
I'm assuming you're looking for custom running plays, if not then the General Strategy forum would be a more appropriate place for this question.

Wishbone-Big is probably my best and most complete running formation. You won't be able to hide the fact that you intend to pound the ball, but with four running plays there's enough versatility to prevent overloads from shutting you down. Power Off Tackle is my favorite play.

You can also look at Sidewinder and T Bone-Jumbo. These formations both use the same personnel, including two FBs, so you can easily audible between them. The only thing to watch out for is I've found that Weak Dive (T Bone) periodically misses the handoff in 2006 for some reason, so you can't rely on it in critical situations. IB Double Wham, Power O Sting and T Trap are probably my best plays here.

Finally, Jumbo Wing offers just a couple running plays but also mixes in some nice passes (the previous 3 formations only have 2 pass between all of them).


I put Sidewinder and Jumbo Wing into my book. Thanks for those plays, they look great and I can't wait to play around with them. I'm looking at Diamond Wing and I think I'll add that as well. I'll look at Wishbone-Big too. Thanks.

-- D4rk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
All Star



Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Posts: 119

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just make sure you dont use them in franchise mode....

it doesnt work if you are using 06
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Arkaein



Joined: 30 Sep 2003
Posts: 333

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D4rk One, I'd avoid Diamond Wing. unfortunately the plays there were originally designed for 2003 and have been less successful with each new version, mainly due to changes in handoff mechanics.

If you do try it anyway, you might want to experiment with moving the 3 backfield player back one additional square. I've never done this, but it might make these plays work better again. Let us know if you try this and it works out.
_________________
Arkaein
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
D4rk 0ne



Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 9
Location: Bay Area, California ( USA )

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkaein wrote:
D4rk One, I'd avoid Diamond Wing. unfortunately the plays there were originally designed for 2003 and have been less successful with each new version, mainly due to changes in handoff mechanics.

If you do try it anyway, you might want to experiment with moving the 3 backfield player back one additional square. I've never done this, but it might make these plays work better again. Let us know if you try this and it works out.

They work fine for me in '05. Counter Sweep got me like 7/10 TDs in practice, and my D is 98 overall.

-- D4rk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
steel_city_warrior



Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 22
Location: York, PA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Advice? Reply with quote

D4rk 0ne wrote:
I have a very potent team on both sides, but I'm in need of good offensive plays. I have a very strong O-Line, with four plays above 95 overall and the fifth is 93. My TE is Alge Crumpler, my recievers are Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, and the other Raiders recievers. My QB is a custom with a good arm and good speed.

I want some good plays for runs and some good plays for passes, but not balanced. What plays do you guys reccomend?

-- D4rk Smile




Having 2003 - 2008 Madden on the Basic Xbox and 2003 - 2004 on the Playstation 2 I would say anything wiith 3 or 4 WR's will work since you're using the Raiders WR on Defense I would personally go with the Steelers or Ravens but tested all 3 and there's really no difference if using the MAC and JACK LB's on Defense or Solid Defensive Linemen.


MAC & JACK LB's: The 2 main LB's in any defense formation.
_________________
Madden and NCAA freak who loves the game of football. Been playing since the Sega Genesis days so this is one of the best sites out there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group