Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goal Line Situations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> General Strategy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Great_Bear

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Goal Line Situations Reply with quote

Hey everyone. Let me give a brief introduction of myself. I'm 16 years old, and I've been fascinated by football strategy for almost two years now. Heh, when I first got Madden 2005, I immediately tried out the create-a-playbook feature rather than trying out the actual gameplay itself first. (It was the first football game I've played). Now, making playbooks and thinking up of plays and schemes for Madden 2005 has become my favourite hobby.

Over the past two years, I've used a West Coast Offense type of philosophy when playing Madden; a conservative style of offense, reading the defense before the snap, and throwing short, high-percentage passes. My running game revolves around this idea: "The pass sets up the run". I use mostly singleback formations, I always have 4 eligible receivers lined up near the line of scrimmage, two on each side of the offensive line. Thus, I do not use any type of twin formations, and I always have only one RB in the backfield. Somewhat similar to Indianapolis's offense.

But there is one part of my game that I have always struggled with. Goal Line situations. For any West Coast fanatics out there, what tips can you give me when engaging in Goal Line situations? Can I still have a West Coast Offense type of mentality when in these situations?
Abbo55

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I have to say is: POUND THE FOOTBALL. There's no more effective way to get the ball into the endzone than line up in a Jumbo- 2-3 backs & TEs and give it to a back and shove it down the D's throat. I'm not a big fan of your philosophy, but whatever works. Just my 2 cents.
Arkaein

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to mostly agree with Abbo55. While there are pass strategies that are effective near the goal line, you have to be able to run the ball to maximize the odds that you will score. By running at least half the time in goal line situations you draw the defense in and open up what passing lanes there are. You also reduce the chance of turnovers and lost yards due to sacks. This is a big reason why the MMP has evolved from a pass happy offense in the first year to include a lot of heavy run formations in later years.

The best offense is adaptable. Learn to use what best first the situation. You'll have more success than trying to fit the situation to what you like best.
All Star

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...... I love pounding the football, and then at the last second try a money playaction play finding a TE or RB wide open on the flats, or if nothings there rollout and score.

Especially in Madden 06, I also just do a quick curl route to a tall TE or WR and just throw it up with precision passing and have him out jump the defense, very high percentage play.......
Thompson7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how this will work for you, but when I'm on the goal line, QB sneaks work like a charm. Just push forward right away at the center, then go around either his right or left side. I do this when I play my friends and it works great.
steel_city_warrior

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Goal Line Situations Reply with quote

Great_Bear wrote:
Hey everyone. Let me give a brief introduction of myself. I'm 16 years old, and I've been fascinated by football strategy for almost two years now. Heh, when I first got Madden 2005, I immediately tried out the create-a-playbook feature rather than trying out the actual gameplay itself first. (It was the first football game I've played). Now, making playbooks and thinking up of plays and schemes for Madden 2005 has become my favourite hobby.

Over the past two years, I've used a West Coast Offense type of philosophy when playing Madden; a conservative style of offense, reading the defense before the snap, and throwing short, high-percentage passes. My running game revolves around this idea: "The pass sets up the run". I use mostly singleback formations, I always have 4 eligible receivers lined up near the line of scrimmage, two on each side of the offensive line. Thus, I do not use any type of twin formations, and I always have only one RB in the backfield. Somewhat similar to Indianapolis's offense.

But there is one part of my game that I have always struggled with. Goal Line situations. For any West Coast fanatics out there, what tips can you give me when engaging in Goal Line situations? Can I still have a West Coast Offense type of mentality when in these situations?

You just keep pounding the rock untill the final buzzer dude I would add afew plays from the Steelers and when they have speedy WR use the Raiders as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> General Strategy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: