Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One of the Best Plays Ever

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Guest Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coach

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: One of the Best Plays Ever Reply with quote

This will take the fun out the game. Crying or Very sad

You have got to try this play, its a must in every playbook I think.

In the NYG playbook choose the Singleback Empty 4 formation. Choose the TE Screen play. To the left will be two WR playing a screen that blocks forward. Put one of them on the line to the right of the field. Turn both WR who are playing the screen into TE. Now put any WR under each TE playing the screen and have the WR run a slant to the outsides. The flats will just about be always open. Each TE will block the Men who are playing the flat zone on each side. When the '' D'' is playing Man to Man the TE will block the CB who are playing the Number 1 and 2 WRs. It won't matter whats being played. I calls this play TE Cover.

Thank the Coach Cool

Heres how its made

Heres how the play should look with the routes

Pros:
Best against EVERY coverage
Will gain atleast 10 or 6 yards after the catch
It spreads the '' D '' so that the middle is open most of the time. You can slant WR1 or WR2 players inside. You can also just send the HB1 straight and hit him fast.

Cons:
You have to wait to see the TE block and then pass. Its not 100% that the TE will win the blocking fight all the time. Its about 95%.

Last edited by Coach on Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:14 pm; edited 5 times in total
Coach

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the grid
bendprovolt8

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: LOVE IT! Reply with quote

I added this to my custom playbook... I love the idea and the way it works! great ideas! thanx for the play!!!!!!! i will use it in our tourny i have coming up DEC. 18th !!!! Cool
All Star

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Against a standard zone that blocking can work very good, but man will bust the play right apart, yeah the TE will block the guy covering the #1 and #2 WRs, but who will block the guys on the TE then?

Also, aside from that play what else do you have for the formation? Run plays don't look very good based on the HB's position (I would line him up in a standard single back look, to be able to run run plays) and for pass plays, the WRs are lined up way too far back to get downfield before you get sacked.

I personally think this could work a lot better:

Code:
..T.....OOOOOT.......
W...W.....Q..........
..........B..........

^^^ Can also be modified to a shotgun version.

Having the Split TE and Slot WR run the blocking routes you gave, and the Split WR running a quick screen pattern (playmaker hot route down) and also having the LT and maybe? LG screen block left for a quick little screen pass......

Or...... My favorite is having the two outer recievers running quick slants, and the slot guy running a flat route to the outside, verse Man Coverage this destroys the D with all the crossing.

Comments?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice formation by the way

Nice formation by the way.

The CB playing man to man with the TE won't matter.

The Men playing the TE will just stay with the TE and won't follow WR1 and WR2 to the outsides since the TE is the man their playing. The TE will just take out the CB playing WR1 and WR2 . This makes WR1 and WR2 free because their CB is on the ground.

Plus where only throwing to WR1 and WR2 and we can't throw to the TE because he's playing a screen. After the ball is took in by one of the WR the TE will block the man playing the TE since he is the close to the TE.

Well the whole team will start blocking for who ever has the ball. after the ball is caught

So first the TE will block WR1 man, then after that the TE will not move and the WR will start going toward the sideline. After the ball is taken in the TE will block who ever is playing the TE.

To me the play start breaking down when the a zone flat is shooting out from the inside. Like when CBs come from the midde and run over to the side to play the flats. The TE sometimes doesn't know who to play.

Other than that, good play.

Last edited by Coach on Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to try it but I'm still skepticle (>_> @ my spelling) The TE will have 2 people to block. How long are you supposed to wait for the play to develop to throw the ball? If you throw it immidiately the entire defense should break to where you are throwing it, and the TE might be overwhelmed.........

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I just tryed it, but I made a variation to it.

I took the Singleback - Empty 4 WR and made it look like this:

The formation should look like this:
Code:

.......TOOOOO......2..
..........Q..........3
........F...........

Original -> New
TE -> Same
WR1 -> FB
WR2 -> WR2
WR3-> WR3
WR4 -> WR1

Only route edited is WR4 who I make a ------> route (flat straight accross)
And the FB to pass block.

Upon the snap you have two options. TE screen to the left, or the WR (almost like a pick) play. Both I got decent yardage after (I only used the TE screen as a mixup).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that formation should do the trick Wink

For my play you could just read the ''D'' by moving players around. Most of the time if its man to man you can just slat WR1 and WR2 inside. Or just pass to the HB1 in every play because his route is so close.

I make him cut a 90 when he turns inside.

This play does have its weak points but if your really sure that a Zone play is on the firld and you need 1 yard or 5, this play is the play to have. Like all srceens, Man to Man is its enemy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Guest Playbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: