Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Defenses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> General Strategy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HawkFan275

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Good Defenses Reply with quote

Does anybody have any descriptions of how to run a solid defense that stops the pass? I have been running this Quarters three deep man prevent and here's what I do.

Y left
Manually bump each reciever
Spread line.

This doesn't seem to be effective when I need to stop the pass in a clutch situation. Anyone have any better ideas?
Chimera

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dime cover 2 is a stock play that works fairly well against mid to deep yardage situations. it's soft against the quick slant and mid out so if you manual control a player keep that in mind.
Thompson7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A play that works fairly well is the Cover 2 Pinch. I just blanked on which formation it is in, but I know it is in a couple. Shift the line to the weak side, and you should do pretty well. The line pressures the QB, and the zone coverage handles most routes. If defending agaisnt the deep pass, there always is the prevent... though that leaves you wide open on the short routes.
All Star

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just use Dime 3-2-6, 2 Man Under with the MLB in a zone gets the job done for me, also I love using cover three and bringing the SS up in the box.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Quater Normal most on third and second long. But on third and long to stop the pass I use Quarter-Normal QB Trap

This brings the number 2 FS on a blitz from the left and droops a DE into QB spy coverage.
SouthTitanDude

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen young one.

Each coverage has is structural strengths.
Cover 0-Good when needing a blitz. At least a 6 man rush anlong w/ every receiver covered. No safety help though.

Cover 1-Has 1 safety deep and usually a hook zone. Covers all receivers and provides extra support over the middle. generally a 5 man pass rush.

Cover 2 Man-has every receiver marked up, and has two safeties deep. This is good for plays going vertical with a short drag route underneath.

Cover 2 zone-Very popular. Is a good base coverage. Very strong against the base pass and holds up against a run pretty well too. Good for jamming receivers, covering the flats, The middle and the deep middle. Unlesss in 3-4 the curl flats are not covered.

Every play in every playbook is based off of these coverages. Some plays may switch routes with a safety and a corner (a.k.a.4-3 Buzz weak) or takes some assignment away to help another area. If you can master when to use these, you can be a defensive baller.

(also, dont just let the CPU do all the work in coverage. you might go into mini camp and practice getting the interceptions on all pro. if you get good at that, you will have user picks every other play)
Cover 3-Also a good base coverage. Better protection against the deeo ball. Protects the middle like a cover 2. Doesnt cover the flats as much.

Cover 4-Soul purpose is the stop the deep ball! Not good vs. anything but the deep and vertical routes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> General Strategy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: