Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EA - Madden 2007 Needs Custom Playbooks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skee420

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: EA - Madden 2007 Needs Custom Playbooks Reply with quote

A big part of why I play Madden is to create plays. I did grant EA a pardon in my book and pick up 2006 late and on sale. I knew from reading this site that full price was a rip off without custom playbooks. I enjoy the better gameplay "feel" and the new coverages, line shifts, truck stick, even the precision. However, the built in playbooks are weak. A common strategy is to try to find plays with one or two good routes and then playmaker the other junk to your favorite routes.

There's no way I can even bother to get 2007 without custom playbooks. EA, I can't do it. I will just have to find another game because the EA product is missing an important dimension to the game.

Reactivate custom playbook use for franchise and modes other than exhibition. If possible you also have a player base that would appreciate it if the playbooks could hold more than 78 plays. We would like updates to the play editor too but after a feature was taken away I think we'd even settle just for having it BACK.

Anyone know an e-mail address to send feedback about the Madden game? We could all write a letter and encourage those reading but not posting (hi guys!) to also e-mail a letter. Might as well do something now, I really dont want to be renting and reading reviews on a bunch of different games next season...
Abbo55

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well put. I prolly won't buy madden without custom playbooks. If all 300 members of the forum sign a petition of some sort, then that might get EA to listen.
Arkaein

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a petition is a good idea. It's something I've thought about doing for a while, but needed a little prodding for. I'll write something up, and make a post in the boards and on the main site asking for people to sign up, hopefully in the next few days. I can also contact a few other Madden site webmaster's I've talked with, this would help lend weight.

In the meantime, anyone who finds any good contact info for EA Sports post it to this thread.
Abbo55

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea. I'll look for a contact.
Abbo55

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the submit a question service is the best thing I found on their website.
Edit: On the place where it asks for your id and password, if you dont have one, just type this:
Id: Kytbearsfan
PW: funk
There you can get in.

Last edited by Abbo55 on Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
skee420

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just created my own username. Its free and they don't ask for a street address or phone number. Zip code optional. E-mail address required although it probably only has to be valid if you want a reply. I shot them a couple of comments:

(the form has you select your platform and the category for your question so I didn't repeat that I'm on PS2 in my e-mail)

In Madden 2006, the custom playbook feature does not work with any mode except exhibition. Players want this to be available in Franchise and other game modes. I don't know if I can buy Madden 2007 from you without the custom playbook features. I really want to be able to create MY offense.. and MY defense. I'll still use what you put in sometimes, but seeing my own ideas in action is great.

There are many players who hope that the exclusion of custom playbooks in Madden 2006 was an accident or a mistake. Please bring back the feature for 2007. It was already there, just bring it back! If possible, please expand to allow more than 78 custom plays per playbook.

Thank you. If you have any suggestions on how to unluck custom playbooks for franchise mode in Madden 2006 please e-mail me at zep_tepi@verizon.net.

------------------

I don't know that it will work, but I want to buy Madden next year and I can't play a game without custom plays. If it comes out without custom playbooks you'll find me in the Miscellaneous folder asking if anyone knows of any other games. Believe me, thats not something I want to do.
runNshoot

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard if the playbook feature will return in 07? I'm with the other guy, no
way would I spend $50-60 on a game that doesn't allow for playbook creation.

Has anyone tried petitioning EA about this matter??
Arkaein

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

runNshoot, I don't know of any news concerning custom playbooks (in past years I've never been able to find out before the game is released), but as in previous years I'll be purchasing Madden 07 the first day it becomes available and will be posting the custom playbook features on the main page. So if you can wait a few days, check here first and you'll know whether Madden is worth buying.
runNshoot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally, in past years Madden would let gamers know through various promotion
campaigns as to the new features. Thus, far I haven't heard of anything that speaks
to the return of custom playbooks for 'chise. I really think everyone should let EA know of our displeasure. Play creation is basic function of football.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: