Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Madden '06 Built in team playbboks...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KWAL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Best Madden '06 Built in team playbboks... Reply with quote

I am in a 6 player franchise mode and EA sports decided you cant use a created playbook in franchise book. So, I am stuck using the built in playbooks. I'm just curious what built in [i]team[/i] playbooks people think are the best. All the generic ones (west coast, run 'n gun, pass balanced etc. suck cus they have very limted amount of plays)
My skill position players are: C. Palmer, D. Mcallister, N. Luchey, A. Gates, T. Holt, J. Pathon.
Let me know what you gusy think so maybe i can save myself from trying them all...
nkasimer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Answer Reply with quote

Since you have Holt, Minnesota might be a good option. They have devastating pass plays designed for Randy Moss, and they work for other great WRs, too. Try NE, they have a nice balaced playbook, designed with WRs and TEs in mind, plus some rushing. Hope this helps.

Nathan
pcpd101

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIN wouldn't hurt. Wide Open. Or Mike Martz's for those days where you just want to score. A Lot.
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the tournament is over >__>
skee420

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd guess his tourney is over. This is a good topic though. I think its funny there are so few responses. It means the built in plays are no good! Persoanlly, to me, choosing a built in Madden book is a big hassle. I tend to choose mine by formation selections first, then individual plays. I'm using Green Bay's playbook right now (with Green Bay) but some of the more interesting formations are lacking in the number of plays.

One route I look for is the deep, deep crossing route. Its in a number of plays, one of them being Pass Balanced - Shotgun Trips TE - HB Screen. Very long to develop no matter what play you run it in, but if your guy is faster than the defender its easy to playmaker the pass ahead of him when he goes horizontal. Your receiver basically runs a 13-15 yard streak and then cuts across the entire field horizontally in a wide loop that takes him about 25yds deep from the line of scrimmage. I like to run a play with that route and just keep an eye on the portion of the field that will be the end of the 25yd route. Most times the 25yd route is way too deep and you have to hit a different receiver, but I have found success on both big plays and just having the route there as a threat. The defense pretty much has to commit at least two guys, one in man so you don't throw when he first goes horizontal and one in the deep zone where the ball ends up, because the receiver should beat the man coverage to the ball. Also, the horizontal "cut" is more of a loop and you can actually break away from man coverage for an instant.

Note, if you send a receiver on a streak that runs into the end of the 25yd route, it sort of defeats the purpose. I try to make sure there's not much action of the side of the field where the 25yd route ends.

I picked a pretty obscure play to find the route in, but the same route is built into many other plays. In a lot of Shotgun Normal forms you can find a PA Comebacks play where the slot receiver runs this 25 yd route. I also like the shallower, little brother version that can be seen in the common Slot Cross play in Singleback forms.

By the way, anyone have a list of formations by team? Would appreciate it at zep_tepi@verizon.net. If no one has one I'll eventually make one out of neccesity and share it.
skee420

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added tip: In PA Comebacks you can Playmaker the running back to a block assigment or another route if you don't want to fake the handoff.
All Star

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally like Washington's playbook, alot of odd formations with alot of traps and lineman pulling.
bengals09

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, too much emphasis on the run
All Star

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually just tried out the Carolina Playbook, I like that better, good shutgun formations.... empty TE, 5WR, and 4WR, many different singlbeack stuff, some split backs, some full house, and Strong/Weak I, no I form though, but thats not a loss >_>
Abbo55

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big loss, I'm not a big fan of just the straight I. I'm more of a Strong/Weak kind of guy.
skee420

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I actually just tried out the Carolina Playbook, I like that better, good shutgun formations.... empty TE, 5WR, and 4WR, many different singlbeack stuff, some split backs, some full house, and Strong/Weak I, no I form though, but thats not a loss >_>

Are you on 2006 now All Star? Sounds like formations I'd like and I'll be checking it out.

btw, unless you hate the Steelers you must love those trick plays they are running regularly.
Abbo55

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skee420 wrote:
Quote:

Are you on 2006 now All Star? Sounds like formations I'd like and I'll be checking it out.

btw, unless you hate the Steelers you must love those trick plays they are running regularly.

I know, those are great. Does anyone know if they have some of those trick plays in Madden? And if they do, in which playbook(s)?

The Carolina playbook is about the most unique in the game; at least with the shotgun formaitions they have. If I ever use a stock playbook, I like to use that one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: