Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

G-Form Vertical

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Guest Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ISU Champ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: G-Form Vertical Reply with quote

The Vertical play from the G-Form(named because the HB/QB/FB backfield resembles the Morse code "G") was indirectly inspired by a play by the same name from NCAA Football 2005's Wishbone Wide playbook, and provides both a deep passing threat and an intermediate rushing threat from a mobile(does not need to be fast) QB.

Package/Personnel:

2 WRs offset from the defensive line on the right and left(I like having my WR1 on the far left, but you can place whoever you want in these two positions)
1 TE on the line
1 HB to the left of the QB
1 FB to the right and behind of the QB

Route Assignments:

Both WR's- Streak 20
TE- 5N, 4N1W
FB-In 15
HB-Go 20(the longest you can make the route)

What to expect:

As the play starts, the QB will drop back as the receivers go about their routes. As they do, you can sit in the pocket and see how the play develops(depending on the speed of your wideouts, you might have two or three deep receivers open). Of course, as the secondary and possibly LBs are defending against those deep receivers, running lanes on either side of the field open up, allowing a decently fast QB to commit to the run early and make a big gain or open up one of their WR's from double coverage as a someone in the secondary changes assignments to deal with the threat of the run.

How can it go wrong?

The usual with a passing play.

For Best Results:

Since it is a play that is designed deep, space is something you want to have to run it, so I don't think it is a great choice for the red zone. Other than that, with both the threat of the pass and the run, if you read the defense well, you have the potential to hurt a defense whenever you call this play. There are times when I call this play or one like it from this formation in 3rd and 6 situations as a running play, and have had a lot of success with it.
burroforce

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude im toatally feeling that play! on the other hand u gotta need time! I mean unless ur good enuff to hot route to pash rush. Looks by the play ull need a Mobile QB. But other than that as i said it looks good
Abbo55

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it'll work. Might try that in my spread package.
ISU Champ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Seneca Wallace, but I had success with it using Luke McCown, Kurt Warner and Quincy Carter(I think I've got the right name... former Georgia QB)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Guest Playbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: