Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Defense wins ... hopefully...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> General Strategy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pimpdaddypat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Defense wins ... hopefully... Reply with quote

alright ... i just started my first new franchise in madden 2005 and i wanted to focus on my defense A LOT! here's the way i see it, first of all, its much more difficult to create a successful defensive scheme and lineup than it is to create an offensive in madden ... second of all, i personally, am much better at creating successful offensive formations and plays, so i can get offensive people, no matter what their ratings, to be productive ... therefore, i thought it would be best to get good defensive players ... so i did the fantasy draft and drafted my players ... heres my most important starting players as they are now, just before i am about to go into training camp:

on offense, i bet mostly on developing rookies for the future since i got most of my good players on defense -
QB - Eli Manning - Overall 81 (I am an Ole Miss Fan!!!!!!!!!) - Rookie
HB1 - Steven Jackson - 80 (Average) - Rookie
HB2 - Tatum Bell - 74 (Fast and good acc.) - Rookie
FB - Mike Alstott - 93 (hes a badass)
WR - Tai Streets - 83 (Average)
WR - Johnnie Morton - 81 (Average)
WR - Rashan Woods - 77 (Very good in college) - Rookie
TE - Jeremy Shockey - 95 (Also a badass)
O-Line - Averages around 80 so is average

Defense (get ready) -
LE - Joe Johnson - 86
RE - John Parrella - 80
DT - Kevin Williams - 90
DT - Kelly Gregg - 85
DT - Norman Hand - 85
LOLB - Willie McGinest - 90
MLB - Ray Lewis - 99
ROLB - Takeo Spikes - 96
CB - Samari Rolle - 93
CB - Phillip Buchanin - 86
CB - Deangelo Hall - 82 (SUPER FAST!) - Rookie
FS - Aeneas Williams - 94
SS - Ed Reed - 97

so look at my roster and tell me what you think of my team?
cowboys3204

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be worried about your offense. It doesn't show very much playmaking ability. Manning will be good, but not in the game as of yet. I suggest you fight for Peyton. Your ground game is screwed, so toss that./ On the other hand, your D reminds me of Doomsday many years ago. (The Cowboys back in the days of Troy Aikman). Your D is plagued with leadership issues though, but thats minor.
pimpdaddypat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but what if you run an offense that doesnt require big play making players b/c the pass plays get people open so well and the run plays have such big play potential themselves that you don't need a good player to get an adequate gain of yardage? ... maybe i can put my offense into a word document and send it to you so you will know what i mean... and you also mentioned in another topic that my halfback, tatum bell, was the best low rated running back in the game ... not to mention that i have mike alstott ... as for passing, eli will do just fine, just give him a couple of years at the most ... jeremy shockey is my tightend so i got a big play maker there ... in terms of recievers i dont really have "game breakers" but i have some average guys and some speedy guys so im pretty blanaced there ... what do you think?
SouthTitanDude

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pimpdaddypat do you think you can send me your offenive playbook. my email address is jesusfreak@cox.net
pimpdaddypat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what would be the most effecient way to draw it up and email it and all?
SouthTitanDude

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If at all possible microfoft word. Also I think it is obvious that you have a very solid defense. However, if I were you I would create a really fast QB to have a long with Eli to complete good passes. Also, I found a way to exploit the defense with the running game. You can apply it to any playbook, its just an idea. If you want it just let me know and I cansend it to you
pimpdaddypat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill see what i can do ... but can u send me that idea of yours? ... also, i dont like to create people in my franchise ... i feel it is unfair
cowboys3204

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthTitanDude wrote:
However, if I were you I would create a really fast QB to have a long with Eli to complete good passes.

Sounds like a good idea. If you work on Manning (Try for a OVR of 95), you should be fine. Try to upgrade your WR. As for Shockey, trade him for Alge Crumpler. Same playmaking ability.

SouthTitanDude wrote:
maybe i can put my offense into a word document and send it to you so you will know what i mean...

My dad's e-mail is stax-o-wax@juno.com Send it to him because my account isn't working. But send it because I want a playbook that relies on consistant plays and not a big talent core. I struggle with the big plays. TIA
SouthTitanDude

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean PDP said that. I mean if you want my playbook you can have it but give me a couple of days to each other.
Kuindersma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send it to me to Kuindersma@hotmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> General Strategy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: