Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

attacking a 4-3 zone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philmatik

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: attacking a 4-3 zone Reply with quote

i have trouble in this game attacking a 4-3 zone. i read blitzes fine and get the ball to the open man with no problem, so as long as my opponent is blitzing i do fine. however, when the opponent drops into a simple zone coverage such as the 4-3 cover 2 i can't find the seams to get the ball to an open man. i use the dolphins and was wondering if any one had any suggestions on which play to practice.

thanks.
stealthjmac6

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

try launching it to chambers on a streak.. if its vs a cover 2 he should get 1v1 w/ the safety. To make it easier a trick to do when it is 1v1 and you have launched it deep is to switch to the WR and put him in a better position to make the catch(in front of safety or corner)and then clicking off and let the comp catch it. If you practice you will do this easily and you will be able to make the WR jump. They jump when you run at the ball on an angle and short of it... If you have further ?'s jus leave a post
JasonTaylor97

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: attacking the 4-3 cover 2 Reply with quote

if im correct the cover 2 is the play where the cb's r covering the flats and safety's in deep zone and linebackers covering the middle
you could do a long streak to chambers like that guy said, but another one is just make sure u have plenty of pass prot. and wait till chambers get past the cb on the flats and simply hit him when hes between the safety and cb and he shld get good yardage everytime if u hit him at the rite time
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: