Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NO CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS FOR FRANCHISE MODE!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
runNshoot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raemerso wrote:
FYI...I just sold my copy of Madden 06 to some guy who doesn't care about custom playbooks...got $45 Cool

Good man.... a $5 loss sure beats a $50 loss.The only other thing that would've been better is if you could've sold it back to the store where you bought. I'm sure store's report returned EA merchandise back to the company.
ISU Champ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of offloading Madden 06... I was able to get a full refund myself. I returned it saying it was giving me some corrupted save problems, and they gave me an unopened copy and let me keep my original receipt... and then I brought both back a couple days later for cash saying I bought it as a gift for someone and they just bought it themselves.
runNshoot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISU Champ wrote:
Speaking of offloading Madden 06... I was able to get a full refund myself. I returned it saying it was giving me some corrupted save problems, and they gave me an unopened copy and let me keep my original receipt... and then I brought both back a couple days later for cash saying I bought it as a gift for someone and they just bought it themselves.

Sly.....yet ingeneous Wink
ISU Champ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and what did that money buy me....

a new Sony memory card, a copy of Madden 05/collector's edition and one of NCAA 2005... with some money to spare. I think that is fair value for my money, don't you?
ISU Champ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, got Madden O5 CE, so I should be posting some new plays soon. Smile and the above picture means I can use my own server to post pictures.
runNshoot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISU Champ wrote:

OK, got Madden O5 CE, so I should be posting some new plays soon. Smile and the above picture means I can use my own server to post pictures.

What's the difference? 05 or ce 05?
ISU Champ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Collector's Edition has extra features like all the playoff teams from the 1990-2004, Madden Moments(like the College Classics concept for NCAA), a Trivia challenge...

It is the same great madden with extra bells and whistles outside the normal modes.
Hoffa XVIII

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this forum via Google today. I bought Madden 2006 this past weekend (took '05 in as one of my trade-ins for it at GameStop- major regret!) and I have to say I was also VERY disappointed in '06 regarding the inability to utilize my custom playbook in Franchise mode. Along with Create-A-Player, these two features are what I loved about Madden 2005 the most.

The explanation pf "creating a level playing field" and "just like playing against one's self" offered by a rep working for EA doesn't make any sense. It's not as if illegal plays could be created (you can't send an offensive lineman on a passing route, for example) that would give one an unfair advantage playing online. I would imagine allowing created plays would spur greater competition and gameplay, to the contrary. In regards to not allowing custom playbooks in Franchise mode because "it would make gameplay too simple", I would beg to differ. A play is only as good as the thought that went into creating it. If someone should find their CPU opponent too easy for their liking, the options of changing the difficulty level and the CPU's tactics are there under "Gameplay Settings".

Overall, my opinion is EA's "explanation" is a cop out. It was a mistake on their part for disallowing the custom playbook in Franchise and Online Play modes. Yesterday, I went back to GameStop and traded in Madden 2006 for Madden 2005 CE (and a new PS2 controller). Happy days are here again...
runNshoot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm still using 05'. And, if 07', like 06 doesn't have the custom playbooks in franchise, I'll continue with 05'. I didn't know they also took out the 'create-a-player'
feature too. The "just like playing against one's self" is really b.s. since the cpu is programed to stop a opponent no matter what "O" scheme they use.

I have to wonder if they'll put playbooks in for 07'.
skee420

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: We need playbooks Reply with quote

I would just like to add my voice in saying BRING BACK THE PLAYBOOKS. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Also, the reason cannot be because it makes the game too easy. If anyone really did get an answer like that from an EA representative then they're talking to us like 5 year olds. First of all, this is (or was) a completely customizable game. You can go and give your guy 99 everything, play on rookie, and adjust the Human and CPU sliders to whatever you want. With the game set like that aren't you going to win and set records everytime anyway? How does Undercuts or any other play create a more unfair advantage than that?

Now, in reality, I can't imagine that anyone here plays with settings like that. I keep good players on my team but I always keep my settings so that the game is HARD. Therefore, the too easy argument is nonsense.

Also, a call to arms.. since I'm sure we all want to push for playbooks in 2007 we should additionally push for specific improvements to the Custom Playbook feature. Here's some.

1. Let the receiver routes use more of (or ideally, the entire) field.
2. Allow guys in the backfield the options to fake handoffs, pitches, do reverses, option running, and have more blocking styles.
3. More blocking styles for the offensive line.
4. Add more "moves" for receivers.. like the hitch-and-go. Let us put nice spins, jukes, etc as waypoints in the route. Maybe a guy might be the fastest but if he just runs off the line making moves in single coverage he may be open.
5. Change the end of routes from what it is "<get open> and run around aimlessly" to something maybe you can control on the field or write into the play.

on the defensive side...
1. More types of zones.
2. Let us have some type of grid like on offense where we could have the defender run to a fixed point on the field and THEN perform an action.

So, theres my input. A venting session with some constructive ideas thrown in to be fair.
runNshoot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: We need playbooks Reply with quote

skee420 wrote:
I would just like to add my voice in saying BRING BACK THE PLAYBOOKS. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Also, the reason cannot be because it makes the game too easy. If anyone really did get an answer like that from an EA representative then they're talking to us like 5 year olds. First of all, this is (or was) a completely customizable game. You can go and give your guy 99 everything, play on rookie, and adjust the Human and CPU sliders to whatever you want. With the game set like that aren't you going to win and set records everytime anyway? How does Undercuts or any other play create a more unfair advantage than that?

Now, in reality, I can't imagine that anyone here plays with settings like that. I keep good players on my team but I always keep my settings so that the game is HARD. Therefore, the too easy argument is nonsense.

Also, a call to arms.. since I'm sure we all want to push for playbooks in 2007 we should additionally push for specific improvements to the Custom Playbook feature. Here's some.

1. Let the receiver routes use more of (or ideally, the entire) field.
2. Allow guys in the backfield the options to fake handoffs, pitches, do reverses, option running, and have more blocking styles.
3. More blocking styles for the offensive line.
4. Add more "moves" for receivers.. like the hitch-and-go. Let us put nice spins, jukes, etc as waypoints in the route. Maybe a guy might be the fastest but if he just runs off the line making moves in single coverage he may be open.
5. Change the end of routes from what it is "<get open> and run around aimlessly" to something maybe you can control on the field or write into the play.

on the defensive side...
1. More types of zones.
2. Let us have some type of grid like on offense where we could have the defender run to a fixed point on the field and THEN perform an action.

So, theres my input. A venting session with some constructive ideas thrown in to be fair.

I like #1 and #3 on the "O" side of the ball. I hear ya' on #5, however, I would suggest
giving the player the ability to create 'option' routes for each wr.

I would also like to have the ability to create Qb roll-outs/sprint-outs. Right now all
the Qb can do is drop back 1-3 steps. This would probably entail the creation of specific blocking schemes ( #3) for roll-outs.

on the defensive side...

I like #2, in addtion I'd like to be able to send "D" player on a delayed blitz based on the type of "O" play call.

But right now, without getting to far ahead of ourselevs, I just want EA to put the custom PB's back in for 07'. Fact of the matter is EA pull the same stuff in 07' and leave custom PB's out again Sad
skee420

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Why? Reply with quote

I wonder why exactly they have taken the playbooks out. I don't play online but didn't I see somewhere that you could now play franchises online? Maybe they were lazy and removed books for the online play and then had to take an extra step to give them to non-online franchises and just never took that step.

It just doesn't make sense to me why you would ever update anything but remove features. I'm sure play writers are not the main target audience but why would you want to alienate ANY of your audience? Thats why I sometimes think its an accident that they're trying to ignore. If I am right there, books should be back for 07.

Alternately, I also sometimes think the game creators hate the Create-A-Playbook feature and wish it was never implemented due to people drawing up unrealistic plays or plays better than what they have designed for us. It has never been updated since release...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: