Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2006 Playbook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Breeze

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: 2006 Playbook Reply with quote

Does the 2006 have anything new for either Franchise mode or making new plays if itr doesnt I dont see me getting it.
runNshoot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not purchase 06' without the ability to create my own playbook.
Arkaein

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does the 2006 have anything new for either Franchise mode or making new plays if itr doesnt I dont see me getting it.

No. Franchise mode is worse (can't even use custom plays), and the play designer is exactly the same. I'd just stick with Madden 2005, any new plays I release should work just as well there as for Madden 2006.
runNshoot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any new plays I release should work just as well there as for Madden 2006.

The here here is ya' can't use custom plays in franchise......I doubt if anyone cares about using created plays in exhibition mode. I dunno why you aren't upset about this Sad Are you going to complain to EA???
Arkaein

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me runNshoot, I am very mad at EA about this whole thing, but I'm not entirely surprised. They've shown that they really don't care about the Create-a-Playbook feature as they've not made a significant update to it since it was released.

I've already recommended that people who mostly care about custom plays save their money and not buy the new version. However, I'm not going to just take my toys and go home, or anything like that. I'm going to continue making more plays. I want to play in Franchise mode, but since I can't in Madden 2006 I might just go back to 2005 or I might just play exhibitions.

I'd like to complain to EA, but I want to think it through. I might try to start an online petition, but I know that unless I can get a lot of people organized that EA won't listen. The most effective course of action right now is to tell people that Madden 2006 is flawed, and hope that EA's disrespect for their fanbase results in some lost sales. Money is the language that EA will listen to.
Blackbilly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found out today that i can't use my personal playbook in franchise mode and i almost threw up all over myself..... Since madden 2003 i have used my own playbook and i have a few stock plays that i create every year which i guess i can't use now.
The day madden is released each year is like a holiday to me, and this just ruined my year. Something must be done, i will not use any of those shitty standard playbooks. I am really thinking about returning my game and just not playing it this year....
Arkaein

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackbilly wrote:
I am really thinking about returning my game and just not playing it this year....

If you can manage a return I'd say go for it, but don't let EA ruin the whole season for you. That's why I'm going to stick it out and create new plays regardless, so that people can keep using them even on Madden 2005, if that's what they've got.

Just go back to 2005 and if it's important to you update rosters and player stats by hand (not something that I'd ever bother with, but I know that people do).
ISU Champ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I registered here just to talk about this issue, because no one else seems to be really talking about it, and I've always respected the work here.

I bought Madden 06 the day it came out, and I chose it over its NCAA counterpart BECAUSE of custom play creation in the franchise/dynasty mode. With EA's removal of this feature, it is the final straw with this product for me. There were a lot of little things that were bothering me before, but that tore it.... and what bothers me the most is I haven't read in any review that this change had been made before the release.

I AM going to return Madden 06 and get a copy of Madden 05(as 06 was the first one in this series I purchased). Even if I have to trade it in instead of getting a direct return, I will do that... I am THAT angry about this situation.

I think those of us wishing to return the game should come up with a standard, retailer acceptable reason for doing so... like a saving/loading problem that makes the game unplayable or such.
runNshoot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: No playbook in franchise Reply with quote

Arkaein wrote:
Believe me runNshoot, I am very mad at EA about this whole thing, but I'm not entirely surprised. They've shown that they really don't care about the Create-a-Playbook feature as they've not made a significant update to it since it was released.

I've already recommended that people who mostly care about custom plays save their money and not buy the new version. However, I'm not going to just take my toys and go home, or anything like that. I'm going to continue making more plays. I want to play in Franchise mode, but since I can't in Madden 2006 I might just go back to 2005 or I might just play exhibitions.

I'd like to complain to EA, but I want to think it through. I might try to start an online petition, but I know that unless I can get a lot of people organized that EA won't listen. The most effective course of action right now is to tell people that Madden 2006 is flawed, and hope that EA's disrespect for their fanbase results in some lost sales. Money is the language that EA will listen to.

I'd like to complain to EA, but I want to think it through. I might try to start an online petition, but I know that unless I can get a lot of people organized that EA won't listen.

I'd be up for this, if others are. Cuz, right now they will not get my $50.
runNshoot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the EA link. http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...li=&p_topview=1
Breeze

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think the better thing to do would be drop it,, EA doesn't really care about there audience the way you might think they would they bought the rights to be the only maker of games to use the NFL players cause ESPN gave them a run for their money one year so they bought those rights cause they knew every kid out there wouldnt buy the game if they couldnt have their favorite teams in it.

This surely shows they are interested in blocking the competition instead of competeing and delivering a good game.

In my opinion what would go further would be to buy an older ESPN Game or another game that has the feature and drop madden all together or just play 2005 till u get tired of it.
ISU Champ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is my plan Wink
runNshoot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some #'s to EA if ya' wanna call and talk to a live person.
650-629-1900 and tech. support: 650-628-4322
runNshoot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Has anyone heard about the features for 07' ???? Reply with quote

In particular, Custon Playbooks Book's for franchise mode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: