Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monstrous Madden Playbook Articles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which article do you want to see first?
Developing an Offensive Strategy
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Developing a Defensive Strategy
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Other (comment below)
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
None, I'd rather just see more new plays
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Arkaein

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Monstrous Madden Playbook Articles Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I've been thinking about adding a few articles to go along with the main X's and O's content on this site. Specifically I've thought about two articles I'd like to write, one on developing a comprehensive offensive strategy using the MMP, and another on developing a similar defensive strategy. I'd also be willing to take requests on other topics, and maybe post articles by guest submitters like with the GPS.

In the offensive article I'd discuss:

• Figuring out the style of offense you want to run
  • Selecting a set of formations for your style (and personnel)
  • Tradeoffs between older formations (with more plays) and newer formations (generally higher quality and better balance)
  • Choosing the best audibles
  • What plays work well in specific situations

In the defensive article I'd discuss:

• How too choose your base formation(s)
  • Choosing audibles
  • What plays work best in particular situations
  • What adjustments to make when your favorite plays aren't working out

I'd like to hear suggestions for anything else that might be appropriate in these articles, or suggestions for other articles.
pimpdaddypat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to see a discussion of offensive strategy ... because i believe that even if you only have meidocre offensive personel, that good offensive stragtegy and plays can make your offense successful ... and i believe that defense is more about the individual players and there skills and attitude than it is about the plays ... so i think it would be helpful to discuss offensive strategies and formaitons and plays ... however, it seems most people have more difficulty putting together successful defenses than offenses ... just things to consider
ISU Champ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your criteria for guest submissions?
Arkaein

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISU Champ wrote:
What are your criteria for guest submissions?

I don't have any really specific criteria, but anyone who has an idea for an article should run it by me first to get my okay before going ahead and writing something that doesn't fit what I want on the site.

The length should probably be about 1 to 2 times the length of content in something like the MMP Guide or New Formation Creation Guide. I'd look at drafts and would expect to do some editing on submissions, but I'd expect anyone who wants to write an article to be at least a halfway decent writer (I'm no Shakespeare myself, but I'd expect something close to the quality of my own writing at least).

Finally it should be Madden and custom playbook related. It's great to incorporate a broader view of football strategy, but it has to tie in to Madden and provide something useful to site readers. That's the purpose behind the articles I plan on writing myself, to make this site's content more useful.

If you have an idea, you could either email it directly to me or post it in the forums and solicit feedback (maybe with a poll to see if others like the idea) before starting to write.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Monstrous Madden Playbook All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: