Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Madden 2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Madden 2006 be the best Madden yet, or will it flop?
Yes
77%
 77%  [ 7 ]
No
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

cowboys3204

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Madden 2006 Reply with quote

So, EA Sports now owns the sole rights to NFL games. EA Sports and ESPN also have a deal. So what will 2006 be like?
Arkaein

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Yes, with reservations Reply with quote

I voted, yes, but only because of the way EA develops Madden. Each year brings at most slight changes from the previous year. They always talk up things like "deep AI", and the AI is usually just a slight improvement on the previous versions, mainly in the form of eliminating a few of the worst glitch behaviors.

There are always a few new features added, and these are usually okay, but in my opinion don't add a whole lot. I always forget to use the hit stick except on kick coverage, and I also never use the new player position audibles, instead sticking to the older unit audibles. It's just too much moving a round to get to the right player, set the audible, and then move back to the player I want to control. Much easier to simply take manual control of any player I want freelancing with. Updates to season/franchise mode are nice for some people, but I don't really care for dealing with the free agency, stadium management stuff myself.

I expect 2006 to have a few new animations, a new look, a few new gimmicky controls that probably don't add a lot to real gameplay, and the usual updated stats and players. I don't personally play online (curse you Gamecube!), but I imagine that online play might improve more significantly because online gaming is not nearly as mature as the Madden series in general.

I don't think that many really big changes in the game engine will occur until probably 2007, when the next generation of consoles are fully available. At this point there will be enough processing power and memory for more detailed player models, more real physics, a much larger number of animations, and hopefully some truly better AI.
SouthTitanDude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said yes too, i just wish they would develop the create-a-playbook section more!!! Do any of you agree???
I said yes too, i just wish they would develop the create-a-playbook section more!!! Do any of you agree???
SouthTitanDude

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it repeated, there was a computrer glitch!
cowboys3204

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a lot of talk as to how good Madden 2006 will actually be. Here's what I think EA Sports needs to do to make 2006 worth buying.

-New Graphics engine. No offense, but ESPN had much better graphics. Madden looked more cartoony

-Improve Franchise Mode. Madden definetly has the edge, but I still did't like it that much. When I want to build a new stadium, I want more options. When I move my team around, I want more cities offering to take my team. And a better draft format wouldn't hurt

-Lower Cost. ESPN made a really smart move when they cut the price down to 20 dollars. Madden followed suit, cut the price down to 30 bucks. I suggest they leave the price at 30 bucks instead of bumping costs.
Arkaein

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
-Lower Cost. ESPN made a really smart move when they cut the price down to 20 dollars. Madden followed suit, cut the price down to 30 bucks. I suggest they leave the price at 30 bucks instead of bumping costs.

I would love it if this were the case, but now that they'll be the only (NFL/NFLPA licensed) game in town there's no way it sells for less than $50.
cowboys3204

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkaein wrote:

So would I, but that makes sense. However, If EA Games feels that lowering the cost sells more games, I expect a price drop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: