Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums
Discussion of Madden NFL Strategy, Formations and Plays

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP with MIAMI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> General Strategy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
conceited_one12503

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: HELP with MIAMI Reply with quote

Aight............I love to play witht he Miami Dolphins. But I have a friend that always run a offensive play where his wr go out and a corner route or something like that. Its like he runs up field ten yds then cut in a diagnol to the side line and he is always open. Ive tried everything to stop i. Like cover 3 zone, and another zone play but it dont work all time like i want it to. The play is in nickle. Can anyone help me out. And if any of you know any good plays with the dolphins or wanna share some tips that would be nice too.
Arkaein

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, it should never be all that hard to stop any single play. For a corner route a curl flat zone be ideal, although I'm a little suprised that a Cover 3 zone doesn't work.

Can you say more about the play? Some specifics I'd like to know are: what kind of formations it's run from (mainly how many WRs and what side they line up on), whether the corner route comes from the outside or the slot, how good the pass blocking is, and whether he ever uses other routes in the play.

Until you come up with the info I'd say run a man coverage (probably Man Under, with two deep zone safeties). If it's a two WR set run 4-3 or maybe Nickel, for 3 WRs run Nickel (or maybe Dime), for 4 WRs run Dime (or maybe Quarters). Then before the snap back off the DBs using the "up" coverage audible. Take control of the LB nearest the corner route WR and move him to line up right in front of the WR. When the ball is snapped just get in the WER's way and try to disrupt his route.

This technique is similar to what I use in Peregrine 3-4 - WR Shutout. The LB takes away the quick pass and disrupts the route, the CB in man coverage has easier coverage medium to deep, and the safety can possible provide a double team deep (though maybe not so much for a corner/out route).

Another option that I normally wouldn't recommend might just be a monster blitz. That will leave you vulnerable other places, but should eliminate deep routes like corners, and make your friend run some other plays.
conceited_one12503

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: ok............what about offense for miami Reply with quote

I just played a friend of mine and stopped the corner route but still lost 14-3. Once Ricky is stopped I am forced into 3rd and 6 or 8. I try ti use McMicheal but he can only do so much. I mean i know that Miami doesnt have a beastly passing game and dont have a moss or t.o. either but geez. I need some kind of a passing game. Help once again.
Arkaein

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, you might want to look at this advice I gave to Hackmen.

http://www.monsterden.net/maddentalk/viewtopic.php?t=298

It basically concerns offensive playcalling. Even if your passing game isn't that great, you might want to use it more on 1st and 2nd down if you're repeatedly getting stuffed, and as a rule you should avoid predictable playcalling unles you know you can simply out execute your opponent.

Also, maybe try playing with some other team! Miami isn't all that great, and it's hard to win Madden games without a good passing offense. If you're only giving up 14 points (although it depends on how long your games are) you ought to be winning most of your games. With only 3 points offense is clearly a bigger problem.
conceited_one12503

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

I play with 3 mintues majoirty of the time
All Star

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try defending the play yourself just sit there and let him throw it right to u

most players arent smart enough (or quick enough) to look at multiple receivers (like me, lol) so h wont know what to do when he sees his reciver with a 6-5 linebacker in front of him
conceited_one12503

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Miami Reply with quote

How do you dominate the computer with miami. I know that ricky has a big part in doing this task but how. it seems that the computer always stops me when it matters most. This game can be extremely frustrating but for some reason I/we (meaning you) are determined to beat the computer. Can someone help me find the way how.
hackmen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i know what play he is talking about. It's the play in shotgun 4 wide in which the two outside recievers do those out posts like he is talking about but the running back flies straight up the field which in turn will force the safties to make a decison. Cover 2 wont work because it 2 on 3 but i stop the play all the time with cover 3 and i use the rams who's secondary is nowhere near as good as the phins.

You can maybe manually cover one of the men and eliminate him from the play. Also i cannot stress putting pressure on the quaterback enough in madden because this leads most obviously to sacks but arrant throws as well. If you can manage pressure then he will struggle, because i know this play and use it and it takes time to develope. His quarterback needs time to throw so dont give him that time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Monstrous Madden Playbook Forums Forum Index -> General Strategy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: